Mistweaver Monk Patch 9.2 Changes Analysis and Tier Set Thoughts
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.2 changes for Mistweaver Monk affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Mistweaver Monk in Patch 9.2: Eternity's End
This page will serve as a guide to how the changes of the 9.2 patch will affect Mistweaver Monks, specifically how they will impact playstyle, Legendary choice and Covenant choice. If you are just interested in the specific changes for Mistweaver Monk in 9.2, you can instead read our full list of changes to the entire Monk class on our dedicated page below. For an additional list of content released in Patch 9.2, you can also check out our Patch 9.2 Overview page.
Base Spec Changes for Patch 9.2
As of the current state of the PTR, Mistweavers have not received any changes to our base kit. Given our strength in the Sanctum of Domination, that is probably for the best, so enjoy your time in the sun.
Monk Talent Changes in Patch 9.2
Much like our base kit, our talents have received no changes, however Refreshing Jade Wind interacts very positively with our upcoming 4-piece tier bonus, so there will be less of a reason to use Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane.
Mistweaver Monk Tier Set in Patch 9.2
In the new Sepulcher of the First Ones raid coming in Patch 9.2, tier sets are making a triumphant return! Every class will be able to obtain their own two-piece and four-piece bonuses. The following are the current iteration of the Mistweaver bonuses:
- Mistweaver Monk 2-Piece — Essence Font's residual healing effect is increased by 5% and lasts an additional 2 seconds.
- Mistweaver Monk 4-Piece — Drinking Thunder Focus Tea summons a Progenitor Rune of Healing, increasing all healing dealt while inside its bounds by 450.
Mistweaver Monk Tier Set Thoughts
The two-piece is nothing to write home about. It will basically just let you cast an extra Vivify during HoT-chasing. The real meat and potatoes is the four-piece. While it does not look like much on paper, the way it functions at the moment is incredibly powerful. The bonus healing is applied per healing event, not per direct healing cast. What that means with respect to, say, Refreshing Jade Wind, is that instead of the single cast of RJW being increased by 450 healing, any time RJW heals anyone, that single event is increased by 450.
In terms of power, this tier bonus is up there, however it does lack a certain amount of interactability, as it so heavily rewards our passive, auto-targeted spells. Ultimately it does not really change how we play; instead, it simply passively buffs what we were already doing.
Covenant Changes in Patch 9.2 for Mistweaver Monk
9.2 offers no changes to our Covenant abilities, and as such, Venthyr remains head and shoulders above all the other available options. But if you are looking for a bit of casual fun one raid night, you are still able to freely change your Covenant as of Patch 9.1.5, assuming you have earned the Renowned Achievement.
Legendary Changes in Patch 9.2 for Mistweaver Monk
Recall that in Patch 9.1, every class received a Legendary Power that was unique to each Covenant. For Monks, these Powers were:
- Kyrian — Call to Arms — Casting Weapons of Order will also summon your specialization's Celestial for 12 seconds.
- Necrolord — Bountiful Brew — Your abilities will occasionally cause a cast of Bonedust Brew to occur at your target's location. This occurs at a frequency of approximately 1.25 procs per minute, but has a 5-second cooldown between activations of the effect.
- Night Fae — Faeline Harmony — The 6% chance for your abilities to reset the cooldown of Faeline Stomp is doubled, increasing it to 12%. In addition, both enemies and allies hit by Faeline Stomp gain the Fae Exposure buff. This buff increases the damage taken or healing received from you by 8% for 10 seconds, respectively.
- Venthyr — Sinister Teachings — Fallen Order summons one additional adept matching your specialization that lasts for 24 seconds. While any adept from Fallen Order is present, your critical strikes reduce the cooldown of Fallen Order by 3 seconds.
However, new in Patch 9.2 is the ability to eventually use a second Legendary Power, provided it is your Covenant-specific effect. For many specs this opens the door for some interesting combinations and synergies, however for Mistweaver, it basically just means we are going to equip our two strongest: Sinister Teachings and Ancient Teachings of the Monastery.
Even if you are not playing Venthyr, and do not have access to Sinister Teachings, you will still want to just equip your specific Covenant Legendary, and pair it with Ancient Teachings of the Monastery. In some cases or fights, you might want to try Invoker's Delight but that will depend largely on the encounter.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Updated for the release of Patch 9.2.
- 15 Jan. 2022: Page added with initial thoughts and information.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd