Shadow Priest DPS Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.0
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Shadow Priest for each boss of the following raid: Sepulcher of the First Ones. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.0.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
On this page, you will find Shadow Priest specific information to deal with each boss in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid. These are not complete encounter guides, but rather provide specific tips for doing the bosses as a Shadow Priest.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Shadow Priest and what you can do to deal with each fight as best as possible.
All recommendations are progression based tips and will not necessarily be the best for an overall DPS ranking.
Note: The build above uses Talbadar's Stratagem as your legendary. Should you wish to use Shadowflame Prism you can use the below build, just note that it is about 3% DPS behind on single target.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Vigilant Guardian: Talbadar's Stratagem.
This is a classic fight involving lots of adds at the start of the boss and then a single-target boss burn for the later parts of the encounter.
- You can use Leap of Faith to speed up parts of the phase when members of your group need to drop orbs into the boss to activate it.
- Make sure you use Vampiric Embrace after the boss enrages in the final phase.
- Make sure you coordinate with your group for Lust timing on the boss. You want to have all your cooldowns for this.
- Try to position yourself between the incoming adds and past your tanks so you make it easier for them to pick up any targets they do not have aggro over.
For more information, please refer to our Vigilant Guardian guide.
Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener: Talbadar's Stratagem.
For the purposes of build optimization this boss is more or less just pure Patchwerk single-target; there are several mechanics that are scripted throughout the encounter but they should not impact your DPS much if you plan ahead for them.
- Use Fade (with the Translucent Image) and Desperate Prayer to help soak raid damage.
- You can use Leap of Faith to grip in any melee or the tank for the group stack.
- As a Necrolord careful when casting Unholy Nova while the boss is transitioning as it can miss if you are not careful.
- Make sure your raid team plans movement cooldowns to make it so you have as little downtime as possible when dodging the frontal cones.
For more information, please refer to our Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Artificer Xy'mox: Talbadar's Stratagem.
Artificer Xy'mox is back again! Several of his mechanics have returned from the Castle Nathria version of the encounter, so should be familiar enough to you if you progressed that encounter. Traps in this version of the boss do not expire, so you will need to be more vigilant about dodging these traps.
- During the intermission phases you should be close to the add clump to use Psychic Scream to interrupt their casts as needed.
Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle: Talbadar's Stratagem.
Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle has an add that spawns throughout the encounter that is more or less perfect for getting extra Twist of Fate uptime. Maintaining our DoTs on two mostly stacked targets should be a relatively easy enough task.
For your first few kills of this boss I would highly suggest swapping to Venthyr or Night Fae. With Door of Shadows or Soulshape you can easily dodge rings and skip mechanics that you have to deal with. I personally proffered going Venthyr for the ease of play and extra priority target damage on the add. As Venthyr running Theotar with the double charge on Door of Shadows can be particularly nice for your first kill. If you decide to do this as Necrolord you will need to be extremely on top of your positioning otherwise you can die easily.
For more information, please refer to our Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Prototype Pantheon: Talbadar's Stratagem.
Prototype Pantheon is a 2-4 target council boss that has lots of multi target built into the fight. Phase 1 and 2 are both 2-target boss encounters, while the last phase has you fighting all 4 targets at once.
- Make sure to save instant cast abilities to handle movement in batches during that GCD you cast the instant spell.
- Try to time Vampiric Embrace with the healing increased buff the raid gets after popping seeds.
For more information, please refer to our Prototype Pantheon guide.
Lihuvim, Principal Architect
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Lihuvim, Principal Architect: Talbadar's Stratagem.
- This fight is all about positioning for us; plan your movements ahead of time to get good uptime on the boss. If planned correctly you should not lose any damage moving across the room.
- The boss is still attackable in the intermission, so make sure after you nuke the first add before it spawns to go right back to keeping DoTs up on the boss.
For more information, please refer to our Lihuvim, Principal Architect guide.
Halondrus the Reclaimer
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Halondrus the Reclaimer: Talbadar's Stratagem.
Similar to previous bosses this one will make or break your DPS depending on your ability to move with your instant cast spells. Be sure to use these effectively in the intermission to stutter step your movement to maintain your damage.
- Make sure to time your Unholy Nova well during the intermission, it does not follow the target so if you cast it while the boss is moving and you are far away the travel time could mean that it misses the boss entirely. This would also destroy your Pallid Command damage. Try moving into melee or ahead of the boss to prevent this from being an issue.
For more information, please refer to our Halondrus the Reclaimer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Anduin Wrynn: Talbadar's Stratagem.
- You can use Shackle Undead on the Grim Reflection adds after intermission.
- Coordinate with your healers if they would like you to use Mass Dispel to quickly make the adds healable in the Shadow realm. These adds need to be dispelled before they can be healed so this could save them some time.
- Make sure regardless of which shadow realm you go down with you always have cooldowns for the intermission phases. You do massively increased damage here that is replicated to the boss. You can pop full CDs in the first Shadow realm and still have them for intermission phases.
For more information, please refer to our Anduin Wrynn guide.
Lords of Dread
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Lords of Dread: Talbadar's Stratagem.
Since there are not many adds in this fight if you can manage using Twist of Fate and maintain your DoTs on both bosses this will be the most ideal. Misery will definitely be easier to use but will have overall less damage.
Throughout the fight Kin'tessa will erupt into a Swarm of Darkness at the same time that Mal'Ganis goes into a Swarm of Decay. These abilities will do damage to the raid, but also cause both bosses to take 100% more damage from all abilities. You want to make sure and save all of your cooldowns for this phase, including on pull (roughly ~50 seconds into the fight).
Depending on your comfort level you can get better burst results out of Psychic Link, and more overall damage if the add is also active. This can be harder to pull off well so if you are not comfortable running Auspicious Spirits is still good damage.
- You can pre-DoT the Inchoate Shadow adds when it is better for you before they become killable to help save time later.
- In the intermission phases where you need to find the "Imposters" just tag your friends with non-DoT spells, you do not want to actually kill them, unless they are Balance Druids of course.
For more information, please refer to our Lords of Dread guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Rygelon: Talbadar's Stratagem.
- This is a relatively short fight in the grand scheme of things. For most groups you will only get 2-3 uses of Power Infusion. Make sure you plan these out accordingly.
For more information, please refer to our Rygelon guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against The Jailer: Talbadar's Stratagem.
From a damage perspective this boss does not require anything specific from a Shadow Priest. The biggest thing to keep in mind is to know where you need to move ahead of time, as the encounter is very scripted.
- If you are targeted with a Mind Control make sure to use Psychic Scream beforehand.
- Try to save cooldowns if the Mind Control is coming soon so you do not waste your damage.
For more information, please refer to our The Jailer guide.
- 26 Oct. 2022: Updated suggested build to use Idol of Y'Shaarj and Talbadar's Stratagem Legendary.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Priest Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1