Discipline Priest Healing Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Discipline Priest for each boss of the following raid: Battle of Dazar'alor. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Discipline Priest Boss Advice: Battle of Dazar'alor
In this section, you will find information pertaining to each boss individually in the Battle of Dazar'alor Raid. It is recommended that you follow the standard talent build found in the Builds and Talents section of the guide unless otherwise advised, on a per-boss basis. All information is based on theorycrafting using Warcraft Logs, information present in the dungeon journal, as well as personal experience within the raid itself.
Battle of Dazar'alor Talent Cheatsheet for Discipline Priest
Champion of the Light
- Do not attack the boss during Seal of Reckoning.
- Do not stand between the boss and adds to avoid Wave of Light.
- Save your Evangelism cooldown for Judgment: Reckoning.
- Zealotry is a stacking tank debuff; be aware of this and spot heal tanks if stacks are not handled properly.
- For Wave of Light, use Dispel Magic offensively on adds.
- Divine Mallet will fire hammers outward from the boss. Avoid these and be ready to spot heal those who may take damage from this ability.
- Make sure to spread out 10 yards for Megatomic Seeker Missile
- Stack up for Ferocious Roar
- Plan Evangelism for overlapping Tantrums and Bestial Impacts, approximately every 1 minute. This means you would cover every other time these two abilities overlap.
- Additional tank healing may be needed if Bestial Combo stacks are not managed properly.
- Bestial Throw (Heroic) will throw its target. Anyone who receives damage upon the subsequent Bestial Impact will need to be spot healed.
- Timings from Heroic to Mythic will be much tighter due to faster cast times on several abilities, as well as different durations on certain debuffs.
- All Phases — When targeted by the Monk's Multi-Sided Strike (Heroic), be ready to face the direction that the visions are coming from to avoid taking damage. This will only target a handful of players in Heroic Difficulty. In LFR and Normal this ability only focuses the Tank.
- Phase 1 — During this phase (begins at 30 Energy), stand inside one Chi-ji's Song cloud with the rest of your raid to prevent line of sight issues.
- Phase 2 — During this phase (begins at 60 Energy), make your way through the maze while avoiding Phoenix Strike circles on the ground.
- Phase 3 — During this phase (begins at 100 Energy), avoid taking damage from the Dragon's Breath.
- All Phases — Plan your Evangelism for when Rising Flames debuffs expire on the Tanks. Burnout will deal a large amount of the damage to the raid.
- All Phases — When the Tank or other players are being targeted by Multi-Sided Strike, they will be out of line of sight.
- All Phases — Dispel players with the lowest duration Searing Embers debuff first.
- Phase 1 — Plan to use Evangelism once during this phase for Living Bombs.
- Phase 3 — Constant ticking damage will occur during this phase, conserving Mana before going into this phase is recommended.
- All Phases — Multi-Sided Strike will target 15 players in your raid. In addition to more players needing to know the mechanic, it is also less forgiving dealing substantially more damage.
- Phase 1 — Flame Jets need to be dodged. If Ruby Beam targets you, it will need to be kited.
- Phase 1 — Plan your Evangelism for Pulse-quickening Toxin rooms.
- Phase 1 — Dispel Hex of Lethargy from players.
- Phase 1 — Pick up either Amethyst of the Shadow King or Tailwind Sapphire from the Altar.
- Phase 2 — All players should have the Shadow-Touched debuff before and during the Wail of Greed cast. Plan your Evangelism cooldown for this ability.
- Phase 2 — Spot heal players with Volatile Charge.
- Chaotic Displacement will target two players (one from each path) and swap their locations. This will require pre-planned positioning to ensure players will not be teleported into a bad mechanic.
Conclave of the Chosen
- Use Dispel Magic offensively to cleanse Gift of Wind
- During Pa'ku's Wrath, stand within 10 yards of Pa'ku.
- During Kimbul's Wrath, spread out 5 yards from other players.
- During Thundering Storm, move more than 10 yards away from Akunda's Aspect
- Avoid Static Orbs when debuffed by Akunda's Wrath. Make sure to spread out from other players during this time as well.
- Use Evangelism during Pa'ku's Wrath, which occurs every 1:10. This means you will need to alternate your Evangelism casts with another ability, Cry of the Fallen. Keep in mind the priority here is Pa'ku's Wrath since it is substantially more damage to heal compared to Cry of the Fallen.
- Keep an eye on players with Kimbul's Wrath as it leaves a permanent DoT.
- Dispel players with Mind Wipe as quickly as possible, making other healers a priority.
- Bwonsamdi's Wrath will apply a permanent curse debuff to players that will make them immune to healing.
- Things like Spirit Link Totem and absorbs do work on targets with Bwonsamdi's Wrath
- Once dispelled, Bwonsamdi's Wrath will jump to the closest player not yet afflicted by the debuff.
- Healers need to ensure that Bwonsamdi's Wrath is dispelled when targets need healing.
- Stack during Meteor Leap.
- If targeted by Seal of Purification run away from the boss.
- Dodge toads during Plague of Toads.
- Avoid Plague of Fire by spreading more than 7 yards from other players.
- If you are targeted by Death Rift, drop them on the outside edges of the room.
- Your raid will need to coordinate when you will move in for Bwonsamdi's Boon during Phase 2.
- Avoid Dread Reaping pools.
- During Inevitable End, you will need to run away from the boss to avoid being pulled in.
- Use Evangelism for Scorching Detonation.
- Do not heal allies that are debuffed by Caress of Death.
- Focus healing on players debuffed by Grievous Axe and Focused Demise.
- More targets will be hit by the Grievous Axe debuff (up from 1 to 3). These targets will need healing during its duration.
- During Aura of Death healers will gain stacks, if healing the Bwonsamdi tank. This will require healers to rotate that responsibility.
High Tinker Mekkatorque
- Line of sight yourself from other players when you are debuffed with Gigavolt Charge.
- When Shrunk, enter a Spark Bot. Players will need to enter a code only their allies can see.
- Use Evangelism for Crash Down.
- Players afflicted with Gigavolt Blast will take damage over time.
- Enormous players can run over Shrunk players and Trample will likely 1 shot the Shrunk player. Players need to be careful to not run over their friends.
- Dispel polymorphs caused by Discombobulation.
- Three targets will be Shrunk, so Shrunk players will need to communicate as they only have a limited amount of time to input their codes.
- Sister Katherine (Phase 1) — Move away from Crackling Lightning and dodge orbs during Voltaic Flash.
- Brother Joseph (Phase 1) — Place Sea Storm in the middle of the ship and if targeted by Tempting Song, move to the other side of the ship.
- Dock (Phase 2) — Spread 4 or more yards from other players during Sea Swell. Also be ready to soak Ire of the Deep pools if necessary.
- Use Evangelism to counter Ire of the Deep damage in Phase 2. Phase one usage of the cooldown will be limited due to the split nature of the encounter. Once there is more information on this fight this section will be updated as Lenience might be worth considering if the raid damage is minimal.
- This section will be updated once more information is available after the raid is released.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
- All Phases — Avoid getting Chilling Touch stacks.
- Phase 1 — Run over Searing Pitch when debuffed with Avalanche. Move out of Freezing Blast. Move 30 yards from Jaina during Ring of Ice while standing in Searing Pitch pool. Avoid Bombard pools.
- First Intermission — Avoid Glacial Shards coming from the bosses location.
- Phase 2 — Move out of the raid when targeted by Broadside.
- Second Intermission — Avoid Flash Freeze around Jaina. Avoid standing near players with Heart of Frost. Do not stand near an elemental when it reaches 100% energy, as it will cast Frost Nova. Dodge Arcane Barrage.
- Phase 3 — Move out from Glacial Ray. Move away from Icefall.
- When to use Evangelism will be added shortly after the raid is released.
- Phase 1 — Dispel Grasp of Frost
- All Phases — Periodically, Gathering Blizzard will require your raid to be located within 10 yards of another player to prevent Freezing Blood. Players who receive Freezing Blood will need to have one player move near them to clear the debuff. The number of players required to remove Freezing Blood will increase throughout the encounter; at 50 energy it requires 3 players, at 75 energy it requires 5, and at full energy all players will lose all visibility and line of sight to one another.
- Phase 1 — Frozen Siege will disable a random Ballista making it not able to be controlled, but the ice can be destroyed.
- First Intermission — Icebound Images will spawn around Jaina. The images need to be killed as they will buff Jaina with Arctic Armor making Howling Winds uninterruptable.
- Second Intermission — Tide Elementals will have Splitting Frost which makes it split into more elementals upon death.
- Phase 3 — Information in the dungeon journal is missing for this phase but it is guaranteed to have several mechanics as other final bosses have had in their final phases, making that phase much more difficult from lower difficulties. More information will be added here for this phase.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 May 2019: Updated page after peer review.
- 20 Jan. 2019: Added Battle of Dazar'alor tips for Discipline Priest.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2