Discipline Priest Essences — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we go over the new Essence system in Patch 8.2 of World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth, and we tell you which are the best essences to use as Discipline Priest, both for minor and major powers. Please refer to our Patch 8.2 Guide to Essences for more information about the Essence system and where Essences can be obtained from.
Azerite Essences for Discipline Priests
Introduced in Patch 8.2, Essences are unique items that drop from various forms of content. They are activated through your Heart of Azeroth, and they buff your character in various ways, depending on the Essences that are currently active.
Our Essence Guide has a full list of all the Essences, together with their descriptions and explanations on how they work.
What follows on this page will relate directly to how Essences affect this spec, since generic information is beyond the scope of this guide.
Disclaimer: Please note that at the moment, simulations and general theorycrafting around Essences is a work in progress, and as a result, most of the recommendations made here are subject to change.
Major Power Rankings for Discipline Priest
- The Ever-Rising Tide - Increases your burst AoE and single-target healing.
- Life-Binder's Invocation - Group-wide healing over time effect.
- The Well of Existence - Single-target burst healing (Mythic+).
- The Crucible of Flame - Single Target damage/healing over time effect.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams - Grants Mana and Leech.
- Vision of Perfection - Grants random Shadowfiend procs.
- Artifice of Time - Single target absorb/damage stagger (Mythic+).
- Worldvein Resonance - Grants an Intellect buff.
- Conflict and Strife - Grants a heavily nerfed version of Premonition.
- Vitality Conduit - A single-target Spirit Link Totem effect.
- Ripple in Space - Relocation teleport ability.
Minor Power Rankings for Discipline Priest
- Memory of Lucid Dreams - Chance to return 50% Mana, heal you, and grant a Versatility buff.
- The Ever-Rising Tide - Intellect buff and Mana.
- Life-Binder's Invocation - Healing seeds proc.
- The Well of Existence - Overhealing given to low targets as healing.
- Worldvein Resonance - Intellect buff from shards, with increasing power depending on the number of people using this Essence.
- Conflict and Strife - Stacking Versatility buff.
- The Crucible of Flame - Healing over time effect.
- Artifice of Time - Proc that grants healing and Speed to the target.
- Vitality Conduit - Health redistribution and absorb.
- Vision of Perfection - Reduced cooldown on Shadowfiend.
- Ripple in Space - Increases movement speed.
- 27 Jun. 2019: Updated information for accuracy post-Patch 8.2 release.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- Pet Battle Changes in 8.3: Visions of N'zoth (Official Preview)
- N'Zoth Raid Testing Streams
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk