Discipline Priest Essences — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we go over the Essence system in Patch 8.3 of World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth, and we tell you which are the best essences to use as Discipline Priest, both for minor and major powers. Please refer to our Patch 8.3 Essence Guide for more information about the new essences introduced in Patch 8.3 and to our Essence guide for more general information about the Essence system and where Essences can be obtained from.
Azerite Essences for Discipline Priests
Introduced in Patch 8.2, Essences are unique items that drop from various forms of content. They are activated through your Heart of Azeroth, and they buff your character in various ways, depending on the Essences that are currently active.
For more information about essences, please check out the following:
- our Essence Guide, with all the essences and how to get them;
- our article on the new essences from Patch 8.3;
- our list of Patch 8.3 essence changes.
What follows on this page will relate directly to how Essences affect this spec, since generic information is beyond the scope of this guide.
Major Power Rankings for Discipline Priest
- The Ever-Rising Tide ( Overcharge Mana + The Ever-Rising Tide) — Increases your burst AoE and single-target healing. This is our primary go-to Major essence.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams ( Memory of Lucid Dreams + Lucid Dreams) — Grants Mana over the course of the encounter and Leech on demand. This essence is powerful when used well, but is only as good as you are at utilizing your Mana efficiently.
- The Crucible of Flame ( Concentrated Flame + Ancient Flame) — Single-target damage/healing over time effect. Basically never used for healing. This is our primary way of increasing our DPS if we feel there is no need for a healing Essence.
- Vitality Conduit ( Vitality Conduit + Transference) — A single-target Spirit Link Totem effect.
- Artifice of Time ( Standstill + Artifice of Time) — Single-target absorb/damage stagger. Can be used situationally to cheese specific mechanics.
- Worldvein Resonance ( Worldvein Resonance + Lifeblood) — Grants a significant Intellect buff. The only reason this is in Average instead of Great is due to the awkward cooldown in relation to Disc's other cooldowns, as well as the restrictive nature of the movement requirements.
- Spirit of Preservation ( Spirit of Preservation + Devout Spirit) — Heals a target over 3 seconds on a 60-second cooldown and also all allies between you and the target at higher ranks.
- The Formless Void ( Replica of Knowledge + Symbiotic Presence) — Replicates the major essence currently slotted in an ally's Heart of Azeroth.
- Unwavering Ward ( Guardian Shell + Unwavering Ward) — Grants you an extra raid cooldown, channeled over 4 seconds, mostly through absorb shields, but also with a healing component at higher ranks.
- Conflict and Strife ( Conflict + Strife) — Grants a heavily nerfed version of Premonition.
- Ripple in Space ( Ripple in Space + Reality Shift) — Relocation teleport ability.
- Life-Binder's Invocation ( Life-Binder's Invocation + Seed of Eonar) — Group-wide healing over time effect.
- The Well of Existence ( Refreshment + The Well of Existence) — Single-target burst healing (Mythic+).
- Vision of Perfection ( Vision of Perfection + Strive for Perfection) — Grants random Shadowfiend procs.
Minor Power Rankings for Discipline Priest
- Conflict and Strife ( Conflict + Strife) — Stacking Versatility buff. Our strongest minor in every situation.
- The Ever-Rising Tide ( Overcharge Mana + The Ever-Rising Tide) — Intellect buff and Mana.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams ( Memory of Lucid Dreams + Lucid Dreams) — Chance to return 50% Mana, heal you, and grant a Versatility buff.
- Worldvein Resonance ( Worldvein Resonance + Lifeblood) — Intellect buff from shards, with increasing power depending on the number of people using this Essence.
- Vision of Perfection ( Vision of Perfection + Strive for Perfection) — Reduced cooldown on Shadowfiend/Mindbender. Most likely to be used with Mindbender to make the CD 40-45 seconds.
- Vitality Conduit ( Vitality Conduit + Transference) — Health redistribution and absorb.
- Life-Binder's Invocation ( Life-Binder's Invocation + Seed of Eonar) — Healing seeds proc.
- The Well of Existence ( Refreshment + The Well of Existence) — Overhealing given to low targets as healing.
- The Crucible of Flame ( Concentrated Flame + Ancient Flame) — Healing over time effect.
- Artifice of Time ( Standstill + Artifice of Time) — Proc that grants healing and Speed to the target.
- Ripple in Space ( Ripple in Space + Reality Shift) — Increases movement speed.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 27 Jun. 2019: Updated information for accuracy post-Patch 8.2 release.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- 40 Shamans Clear All of Molten Core
- Gargan Mounts in Shadowlands
- 29 Fire Mages Cleared Heroic Ny'alotha
- WoWToken.info Shutting Down
- 29 Fire Mages Melted Heroic Dresta'gath in 22 Seconds
- Exclusive Wrath of the Lich King Commemorative Server Blades on Sale in China
- Stranglethorn Vale Recreated in Unreal Engine 4
- Game Director Ion Hazzikostas on Blood/Void Elf Blue Eyes