Retribution Paladin DPS Uldir Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Retribution Paladin for each boss of the following raid: Uldir. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
This page will focus on how a Retribution Paladin can optimize its performance on the raid bosses in the Uldir raid, and not on an actual raid strategy for the bosses. Initially, this page will focus on Heroic mode and lower, however, as more bosses are being killed on Mythic, the guide will also include optimizations for Mythic bosses.
Retribution Paladin in Uldir
Retribution Paladins are looking to be a very strong pick in Uldir, due to their strong burst DPS. This is mainly due to strict DPS checks on certain mechanics. Additionally, there are no fights which Retribution truly struggles with, since none of the fights contain Retribution's main weakness, which is 2-target cleave.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Taloc
- When you get afflicted with Plasma Discharge, use Divine Steed to run away from the raid quickly to drop the blood.
- If you get afflicted with Plasma Discharge during your Avenging Wrath, use Divine Shield so you can continue DPSing.
- Keep Avenging Wrath ready for Phase Two.
- Avoid using Shield of Vengeance for Cudgel of Gore, because the explosion will not hit the boss.
- Mythic only: Use Shield of Vengeance for Hardened Arteries and Enlarged Heart to explode it on cooldown.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on M.O.T.H.E.R.
- During Wind Tunnel, use Divine Steed to stick to the boss and keep DPSing a few seconds longer, without ending up in the fire.
- If you are in the room with the boss and many players are crossing over, make sure you pre-emptively cast Shield of Vengeance.
- Keep Divine Shield ready to immune Uldir Defensive Beam if needed.
- Interrupt the Clinging Corruption cast of the Remnants of Corruption with Rebuke or Hammer of Justice.
- Keep Avenging Wrath ready for the third room, to stack it with the 100% damage taken debuff.
- Mythic only: Use Hammer of Justice as often as possible to interrupt the Endemic Virus cast of the Viral Contagion add and the Bacterial Outbreak cast of the Resistant Bacterium add.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Fetid Devourer
- If you accidently get knocked into the room by Shockwave Stomp, use Divine Steed to run back to the boss quickly.
- If the boss is casting Shockwave Stomp during Avenging Wrath, use Divine Shield or Blessing of Protection to immune the knockback to continue DPSing.
- If you are afflicted with Malodorous Miasma, use Shield of Vengeance after Malodorous Miasma evolved into Putrid Paroxysm.
- Keep Avenging Wrath ready for the Fetid Frenzy debuff when the boss reaches 50% Health. Then stack Avenging Wrath with the 50% damage taken debuff.
- Mythic only: Keep at least one charge of Divine Steed ready at all times to dodge the Rotting Regurgitation breath that will be cast towards your location while you are killing the Corruption Corpuscle add.
Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
- Keep Wake of Ashes ready until the Silithid Warriors spawn.
- Interrupt the Nerubian Voidweavers Void Bolt cast with Rebuke or stun them with Hammer of Justice. You can incapacitate them with Repentance as well.
- If you are afflicted with Roiling Deceit, use Divine Steed to run out of the raid quickly.
- Keep Avenging Wrath ready until you can soak an Orb of Corruption, stacking it with the 100% damage increase.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Vectis
- Focus the Plague Amalgams as fast as possible.
- Avoid using Shield of Vengeance when the boss is submerged.
- If you want to soak a Plague Bomb that spawned close to the submerged boss, use Divine Shield to immune potential Blood Geyser damage.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Zul, Reborn
- Focus the Animated Ichors before they reach Zul. Use Hammer of Justice and Hand of Hindrance to delay them.
- Focus the Nazmani Bloodhexers as fast as possible.
- You can incapacitate one of the Nazmani Bloodhexers in the double spawn with Repentance, if needed.
- If you are afflicted by Dark Revelation, use Divine Steed to run to the edge of the room before the debuff expires.
- Keep Avenging Wrath ready for Phase Two.
Mythrax the Unraveler
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Mythrax the Unraveler
- Use Shield of Vengeance when mechanics line up.
- If you get afflicted with Imminent Ruin, use Divine Steed to run away from the raid towards the edges of the room.
- You can immune Imminent Ruin with Divine Shield.
- Use Rebuke to interrupt the Mind Flay cast of the Visions of Madness adds.
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on G'huun
Retribution Paladins are a weak choice for the upstairs mini-game, because Divine Steed's effectiveness is massively reduced by Power Matrix.
- If you get afflicted with Explosive Corruption, use Divine Steed to run to the edges of the room.
- Keep Avenging Wrath/ Crusade ready to stack it with the Reorigination Blast 100% damage taken debuff.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Inquisition has been added as a viable Talent.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Adjustments to talent advice for N'Zoth and Zul.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for 8.1.
- 12 Nov. 2018: Added Uldir Mythic talent recommendations and tips. Updated a few Normal/Heroic boss talent recommendations.
- 03 Sep. 2018: Added content for Uldir release.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th