Assassination Rogue DPS Uldir Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Assassination Rogue for each boss of the following raid: Uldir. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Assassination Rogue in Uldir
This page will focus on how an Assassination Rogue can optimize its performance on the raid bosses in the Uldir raid, and not on an actual raid strategy for the bosses. Initially, this page will focus on Heroic mode and lower, however, as more bosses are being killed on Mythic, the guide will also include optimizations for Mythic bosses.
Assassination Rogues are going to be competitive in Uldir, due to their strong burst DPS.
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on Taloc
- If you get targeted by Plasma Discharge, use Sprint to move out of melee and towards the outsides of the room, returning with a Shadowstep once you have dropped the blood.
- Get rid of Plasma Discharge with Cloak of Shadows, if you get it during Vendetta.
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on M.O.T.H.E.R.
- Use Sprint if you are unable stay in melee range of the boss during Wind Tunnel. Shadowstep can also be used, if you get pushed out of melee range.
- Cloak of Shadows should be saved for Uldir Defensive Beam, in case you do not make it to a safe spot.
- Use Kick and Kidney Shot to stop Clinging Corruption's Remnants of Corruption cast.
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on Fetid Devourer
- You can use Shadowstep to negate Shockwave Stomp's knockback.
Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
- Stop Nerubian Voidweavers's Void Bolt casts with Kick or Kidney Shot. On lower difficulties, you can also hard-CC them with Blind.
- If you get picked by Roiling Deceit, use Sprint to move out of melee towards the outsides of the room, returning with a Shadowstep once you drop it off.
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on Vectis
- Plague Amalgams are the priority kill target, and should be switched to as fast as possible.
- Use Cloak of Shadows if soaking Plague Bombs near the boss, since it will be difficult to dodge spike waves.
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on Zul, Reborn
- Focus your attention on killing Nazmani Bloodhexers as quickly as possible.
- If you get selected by Dark Revelation, use Sprint to move out. Once the debuff is done, you can return with Shadowstep.
Mythrax the Unraveler
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on Mythrax the Unraveler
- If you get selected by Imminent Ruin, use Sprint to move out. Once the debuff is done, you can return with Shadowstep.
- You can also negate Imminent Ruin with Cloak of Shadows.
- Interrupt Visions of Madness's Mind Flay with Kick, or stun it with Kidney Shot
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on G'huun
Assassination Rogues are an average choice for the upstairs mini-game, since Shadowstep is decent, but not amazing for carrying Power Matrix and you only have one charge.
- If you get selected by Explosive Corruption, use Sprint to move out. Once the debuff is done, you can return with Shadowstep.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 07 Sep. 2018: Added boss spec-specific tips.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (placeholder for now).
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2