Holy Priest Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Holy Priest before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Holy Priest Torghast Guide
While this guide focuses on Torghast, Tower of the Damned, its lessons can be applied to any solo content, including world questing and leveling. While many Priests will be running Torghast as Shadow, healers are often as good as or better than their DPS counterparts for clearing instanced solo content.
This is because inside Torghast enemy health is reduced by 40%+ to account for healing specializations having a lower damage output. This works in our favour as Holy Priest is capable of dishing out good damage when required.
As a Holy Priest you have multiple tools supplement your journey into Torghast. This includes fear, stun, mind control and an offensive-dispel. Holy Priest makes a great companion for any group looking to supplement their Torghast adventure with a healer who can also dish out respectable damage.
Best Torghast Talents for Holy Priest
The talents recommended below apply to Torghast / general soloing. They focus primarily on increasing your damage output and mobility. The main decisions are at Level 35, where you can pick between the crowd-control enhancing ability that best suits your gameplay. While there are options in some others rows, the suggested talents above are the way to start out to increase your damage output, burst healing and mobility.
|15||? Enlightenment||? Trail of Light||? Renewed Faith|
|25||✗ Angel's Mercy||? Body and Soul||✓ Angelic Feather|
|30||✗ Cosmic Ripple||✓ Guardian Angel||✗ Afterlife|
|35||? Psychic Voice||✓ Censure||? Shining Force|
|40||✓ Surge of Light||✗ Binding Heal||✗ Prayer Circle|
|45||✗ Benediction||✓ Divine Star||? Halo|
|50||? Light of the Naaru||✓ Apotheosis||✗ Holy Word: Salvation|
If you are looking for a general overview of Holy Priest talents, check our main page below:
Best Torghast Covenant / Soulbind / Conduits for Holy Priest
|Necrolord||Bonesmith Heirmir||Heirmir Tree|
|Venthyr||Nadjia the Mistblade||Nadjia Tree|
|Kyrian||Forgelite Prime Mikanikos||Mikanikos Tree|
|Night Fae||Korayn||Korayn Tree|
Depending on your preferred approach to Torghast and your group size you may want to make alterations to the suggestion Soulbind setups. Due to the nature of Torghast and the mixture between damage, healing and utility there are many different options and viable pathways through each Soulbind tree. The ones below are aimed primarily at getting started in Torghast as a solo player.
Holy Priest only has 4 Potency Conduits that contribute to damage, Holy Oration, Courageous Ascension, Shattered Perceptions and Festering Transfusion. For damage, the Covenant specific ones are better, and for Night Fae, where you do not have a damage-orientated potency conduit, use Holy Oration.
If you do not yet have one of the above suggestion Soulbinds unlocked, nearly every Soulbind tree has traits you can choose that will improve your damage, mobility or survivability. Focus on grabbing a Potency Conduit socket along your way for the above mentioned potency conduit and ideally a finesse conduit socket for Mental Recovery.
For more information about Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits, please refer to the following guide:
Best Torghast Legendaries for Holy Priest
Stable Phantasma Lure is a specialized Torghast legendary that increases your Phantasma gains when used. While this does not increase your damage or survivability directly, it allows you to buy more (or better) Anima Powers throughout your run, and these are your biggest power source while in Torghast, especially towards the end of a run.
The other legendary options available to us are all fairly lacklustre. Divine Image can be unreliable but provide good additional damage when it does proc, Sephuz's Proclamation is relatively easy to keep high uptime on and the stats contribute to our damage, and Twins of the Sun Priestess works well when running Torghast with at least one other player.
For more detailed discussion and descriptions on each of the Holy Priest legendaries, check out the guide below.
Best Anima Powers for Holy Priest
Due to the volatile nature of the Shadowlands Beta process with constant changes, some of the below suggested Anima Powers may not correctly reflect what we see in the game on launch. This guide will be regularly updated as the expansion progresses to provide the best information possible on relevant Anima Powers. See something you think is incorrect? Have a better idea on how to combo our Anima Powers? Leave a comment in the comments section and share it with your fellow Holy Priests. For a complete list of Priest Anima Powers, please follow the links below:
Anima Powers are only available inside Torghast and need to be found or bought with Phantasma. You can accumulate and stack multiple of these (including copies of the same power), and pairing them together synergistically is a big part of what makes Torghast fun!
As a healer you already have great self-sustain from your baseline abilities, so you should almost always pick damage dealing powers. Powers that reduce your damage intake are also great, as they increase the relative value of your heals.
While this also means that the value of each Anima Power can only be evaluated in the context of the powers you already have, we will try to give you an idea of the potential behind each of them in the S — C tier list below.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful powers; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these powers are either slightly weaker than S Tier powers or more situational, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: below-average powers that should be picked only when you have strong synergies with them already set up, or in the absence of S or A Tier powers.
- C Tier: weak powers that have little impact on your Torghast outcome and should be avoided whenever possible.
- Catharstick — Lets you store a percentage of your damage taken and allows you to unleash it with your next Shadow Word: Pain cast. Can be very strong when saved for elite mobs.
- Dead Mawrat — Grants additional bonus charges of Shadow Word: Death upon killing Mawrats.
- Death Harvester — Has great synergy with Dead Mawrat provided you can reliably get killing blows with Shadow Word: Death.
- Holyfire Draught — Holy Fire has a 50% chance not to trigger it's cooldown, providing a significant DPS increase.
- Horrific Dictionary — Grants 5% intellect when casting different "Word" spells such as Power Word: Fortitude, Holy Word: Chastise and Shadow Word: Pain.
- Pandemonium Loop — Holy Fire cast on a feared target also fears all enemies near that target. Pairs well with Cruelty Censer.
- Psychic Wallet — Mind Control causes targets to drop extra Phantasma.
- Rapid Contagion — Using Mind Control on a Mawrat causes nearby Mawrats to spawn additional Mawrats. Mawratception! Pairs well with Dead Mawrat.
- Volatile Phantasm — Fade leaves an illusion of the priest for a short period that enemies will attack. Upon expiry, it explodes dealing AoE damage.
- Cracked Mindscreecher — Mindgames interrupts and silences enemies when it expires and the target takes increased damage.
- Maldo's Soul Exploder — Killing an enemy has a chance to trigger Unholy Nova at their location.
- Diary of Necrotic Thoughts — Lets you Mind Control undead.
- Consuming Refrain — A nice addition to Holy Fire damage, pairs well with multiple other Holy Fire related Anima Powers.
- Cruelty Censer — Great when paired with other Anima Powers that increase your uptime on Psychic Scream for added damage.
- Holy Hellstone — Holy Fire jumps to a nearby target when it expires. Pairs well with other Holy Fire effects.
- High Priest's Invocation — Grants you the talent Psychic Voice.
- Impulsor — Holy Fire dazes the target for 1 minute.
- Modified Impulsor — Casting Holy Fire no longer removes the dazed effect from Impulsor.
- Painbreaker Psalm — Consumes your active Shadow Word: Pain and immediately deals its remaining damage.
- Painwheel — Increases the duration of Shadow Word: Pain.
- Red-Hot Mindpokers — Shadow Word: Pain's initial hit is always a crit. Becomes S-Tier with Catharstick.
- Feathered Fetters — 300% additional healing to all of Boon of the Ascendeds effects, however you cannot move. This can be dangerous but used well can provide significant amounts of additional damage.
- Torch of Humility — Your next Boon of the Ascended lasts for 30 seconds. S-Tier when it can be saved for a particularly challenging floor.
- Necromight Infusion — Allies healed by Unholy Transfusion gain a stacking increasted Critial Strike buff. Pairs with Baroness' Lost Plagueloop to S-Tier level.
- High Priest's Gift — Grants you the talent Angel's Mercy.
- High Priest's Ultimatum — Grants you the talent Light of the Naaru.
- Baroness' Lost Plagueloop — Holy Fire and Shadow Word: Death extend the duration of Unholy Transfusion.
- Enchanted Shroud — Power Word: Fortitude also reduces your magical damage taken.
- Flashbox — Significantly increased healing from Flash Heal the longer you go without casting it.
- Fragments of Obscurity — Situationally useful to keep your movement speed up in some scenarios.
- Mark of Righteous Protection — You take reduced damage when a nearby enemy is afflicted with Holy Fire.
- Puppetmaster's Strings — Mind Control also increases the targets damage.
- Scales of Trauma — Flash Heal and Heal casts empower your next Holy Fire.
- Searing Lantern — Flash Heal leaves a buff reflecting 50% of damage taken for a short period.
- Wailing Visage — Psychic Scream lasts slightly longer.
- Glorious Prayer — Boon of the Ascended restores back 100% of your Health and Mana.
- Deeply-Held Vow — Boon of the Ascendeds Ascended Nova applies Shadow Word: Pain to all targets hit.
- Earworm — Mindgames has a small change to inflict an enemy when they damage you.
- Fae-bliss Lantern — Gain a new Fae Guardian that increases damage and healing done, following your Power Infusion casts.
At the bottom of the C Tier, we have the remaining talent-granting Anima Powers and primarily powers that grant healing increases. While these are essentially useless for a solo player, they can actually be extremely useful when running as a dedicated healer in a 5-stack so make sure to evaluate them differently if that is your case!
- Dreamspun Mushrooms — Fae Guardians effects last 60% longer.
- Pixie Dust — When one of your Fae Guardians moves to a new target, nearby allies are healed for a small amount.
- Power Word: Snuggle — Power Word: Fortitude grants additional Stamina to nearby party members
- Idea Eater — Small Mana return on critical strikes.
- Light-Tinged Scraps — Flash Heal has a reduced Mana cost.
- Faithstone — 100% increased healing from Boon of the Ascended
- Flash-Echo Focus — Repeats Flash Heal effects for a diminished amount.
- Art of Phantasmal Healing — Your Flash Heals are now instant and cost no Mana, but instead consume Phantasma.
- Mindmancer Handgloves — Mindgames reverses more damage and healing, and casts faster.
- Schaden Fluorite — Shadow Word: Pain expiring heals nearby allies.
- Thick Burlap Sash — Power Word: Fortitude grants 5% more Stamina.
- Vandal's Zeal — After destroying a breakable object your next Flash Heal will always be a Critical Strike.
- High Priest's Cypher — Enlightenment;
- High Priest's Legacy — Surge of Light;
- High Priest's Lesson — Cosmic Ripple;
- High Priest's Mythos — Benediction;
Best Trinket for Holy Priest in Torghast
It is too soon to tell which trinkets will be the best, but this section will be filled as we gather more info post-launch, as will the general gear page below:
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Useful Soul Ash Macro
- Spit Emote No Longer Works If You Have Someone Targeted on Burning Crusade Classic PTR
- 40 Paladins Versus 40 Priests
- Lady Vashj Is the Personificantion of Timegating
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 29th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now on the PTR
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: Blue and Yellow, Together Again
- The Last Time Each Spec Has Been in a World First Kill