Discipline Priest Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Discipline Priest Corruption Gear
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption.
While the effects from these affixes are all beneficial, once you reach certain Corruption thresholds you will experience negative effects that become extremely dangerous at high Corruption levels, preventing you from using all of your Corrupted gear at once. Some of the effects are a lot more powerful than others relative to their Corruption cost, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy For Discipline Priests
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Discipline Priest, the type of corruption you should target will depend greatly based on the rest of your gear. In the following sections I will break down options based on your general character progression level as well as what you're trying to accomplish with your character. For character specific rankings as well as the math behind the information below, pleases reference the discipline priest spreadsheet.
Best Corruptions for Healing on a New/Low Geared Discipline Priest
Whether your Discipline Priest is an alt or you are just returning to the game, when your gear levels are low, so are your total secondary stat levels. This causes things like static stack procs to be very powerful as they provide the same amount of strength regardless of the rest of your gear.
- Honed Mind, Racing Pulse, Surging Vitality and Deadly Momentum are all very solid stat procs.
- Siphoner provides a strong, constant Leech buff, especially when you're a newer Discipline Priest and do not have access to a large amount of tertiary leech.
- Void Ritual offers a solid amount of secondary stats on a proc.
Best Corruptions for Healing on Well Geared Discipline Priest
- Expedient, Severe, Masterful, and Versatile are all very powerful, especially when stacked with multiple of the same type. Depending on your specific stat distribution, you will generally want to just stack multiple of the above of whatever your highest stat is. Due to versatility being harder to find on current gear and the large amount of haste and crit on the Mechagon rings, you will generally end up stacking Expedient or Severe.
- Siphoner provides a strong, constant Leech buff. This corruption can start to lose value at higher gear levels, especially with being able to apply corruptions to any item we want, due to greater access to tertiary leech. When you can accumulate a decent amount of leech outside of your corruption budget, it can be better to use your corruption budget on other things. If you continue to have little tertiary leech on your gear, this corruption remains a very strong option.
- Honed Mind, Racing Pulse, Surging Vitality and Deadly Momentum are all very solid stat procs which become even more powerful when used in combination with stacking a specific stats amplifier corruption. Due to how much haste racing pulse provides, when stacking Expedient, be careful the proc does not cause you to go over 100% haste as your GCD can not be lowered any further, drastically reducing the value of the corruption.
Best Corruptions for DPSing as a Discipline Priest
- Gushing Wound is the most efficient Corruption for single target damage.
- Infinite Stars is also a very powerful single-target Corruption, but due to its unique mechanics, it falls off quickly if there are multiple enemies present in the fight. It also takes a long time to build up, so it's value can vary heavily depending on the type of content you are doing.
- Twisted Appendage is extremely prone to RNG, but provides strong damage on average, as long as the tentacle can deal damage through its full duration.
- Expedient, Severe, Racing Pulse and Surging Vitality are all strong stat procs that influence your damage with the added benefit that they also benefit your healing.
- Twilight Devastation is relatively weak for single target but scales well in AoE situations while Echoing Void is just overall weak.
- Versatile, Strikethrough, Void Ritual, Glimpse of Clarity, Ineffable Truth and Deadly Momentum are all weak DPS boosts.
- Siphoner and Avoidant provide no DPS, but can help you stay alive.
Corruption Weapon for Discipline Priest
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- As Discipline is already a low mobility class, dealing with Grasping Tendrils can be rough at times. The only real way to counter this ability is to know where you need to be and when you'll need to move in advance so that if it does proc at a bad time, you don't have nearly as far to run as you potentially could.
- The Thing From Beyond that spawns from Grand Delusions is best handled by Psychic Scream or if that is not available and you are talented into it, Shining Force. You can also kite away from it but this will generally waste you a lot of time.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, gains an on-use effect at Rank 6 that clears all Corruption effects from you. This should be used if you spawn an Eye of Corruption or Thing From Beyond at a time where you cannot move out or avoid it. Otherwise, use it whenever you are in a very sticky situation, such as being slowed inside a voidzone.
How Much Corruption Should I Run as a Discipline Priest
For Discipline Priest, we recommend you stay within the 25-39 range of post-resistance corruption. This will keep your Heart of Darkness Azerite Traits active while preventing you from needing to deal with Grand Delusions. We do not recommend running above 40 in any sort of competitive environement.
- 26 May 2020: Added page for release of Corruption Vendor.
- The Community's Growing Concerns With the Recent Realm Connections
- Sylvari Mantle "Shadowmeld" Soulbind Trait Removed in Shadowlands Beta Build 35522
- Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event Week 2 Preview
- Patch 8.3.7 Hotfixes: August 13th
- Official Preview of Shadowlands Adventures by Blizzard
- PvP Vendors Sell Soulbind Conduits and Legendary Power Recipes in Shadowlands
- Nathanos Blightcaller's Fate in the Shadowlands Pre-patch
- Shadowlands Base Edition Will Be Digital-Only?