Windwalker Monk DPS Castle Nathria Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.0
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Windwalker Monk for each boss of the following raid: Castle Nathria. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.0.
Advice for bosses was given based on Shadowlands Season 4, so they are not adjusted for Dragonflight Pre-Patch, although adjustments needed should be minimal.
In this section, you will find information and guidance for each boss individually in Castle Nathria as a Windwalker Monk. These are not complete encounter guides, but rather provide specific tips for any Windwalker Monk on each boss.
Talent and Legendary Cheatsheet
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
Due to the repeated periods of downtime as you hide from the boss, it may be difficult or annoying to keep up Hit Combo. However, you do also run the risk of getting a Dance of Chi-Ji proc right before the boss is unhittable, which diminishes the value of that talent too, so you can choose what you would prefer.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Shriekwing: Invoker's Delight.
- Run out when you get an arrow over your head, drop puddles out of the way.
- Avoid Echoing Screech and avoid white circles bouncing around.
- Do not worry about DPSing during the 2nd phase, just stand away and help heal.
For more information, please refer to our Shriekwing guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Huntsman Altimor: Invoker's Delight.
- Do not be afraid to stand and heal others or the shades so that they do not reach the boss. Every little bit helps if your group is struggling with that.
- Keep Transcendence near the boss to get back to him if you have to move out for any mechanics
For more information, please refer to our Huntsman Altimor guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Hungering Destroyer: Invoker's Delight.
- Resist the urge to move around like melee often do.
- Use Windwalker's extraordinary mobility to drop mechanics as far away as possible.
- Keep Transcendence near the boss to teleport back.
For more information, please refer to our Hungering Destroyer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Artificer Xy'Mox: Invoker's Delight.
- If you have to kite a ghost, do not worry too much about DPSing; just stay alive and watch things on the ground
For more information, please refer to our Artificer Xy'Mox guide.
Sun King's Salvation
If there was ever a fight to use Jade Ignition, it is this one, but Invoker's Delight will help put the damage into the correct targets better.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sun King's Salvation: Invoker's Delight.
Phase 1: Add Phase
- It is a healing fight, do not be afraid to spend downtime helping to heal. It is small, but it is better than 0.
- Kill Priority: Soul Infusers > Occultists > Assassins > Vanquishers
- Focus Soul Infusers, slow, stun, etc. Stop them from getting to the stage.
- Prioritize high priority adds over just padding on all the targets.
- Move out if you get targeted by the Assassins.
Phase 2: Shade Phase
- Damage the Shade as much as you can
- Do not get hit by frontal cleave.
- Damage phoenixes if they are close, but it is unlikely that you will be worrying much about them.
For more information, please refer to our Sun King's Salvation guide.
Lady Inerva Darkvein
Your talent choices will depend on where your group needs the damage the most.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Lady Inerva Darkvein: Invoker's Delight.
- Windwalker mobility makes getting to and from mechanics super easy.
- Focus adds down when needed.
- Not a ton of Windwalker specific tips, the fight is rather straightforward and mechanical.
For more information, please refer to our Lady Inerva Darkvein guide.
The Council of Blood
We advise you to use the following Legendary against The Council of Blood: Invoker's Delight.
- Do not bother with cleaving, they get healed when one dies.
- Maintain Spinning Crane Kick debuffs on each target for a slight increase in single-target damage.
- Seriously do not bother cleaving.
- Use your copious movement to get to your spot for the dance.
- Do not bother with movement abilities once you are in your spot.
- Preset Transcendence to get back to the bosses when they can be damaged again.
- Burn down Dutiful Attendant.
- Avoid dancing people on the ground.
For more information, please refer to our The Council of Blood guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sludgefist: Invoker's Delight.
Forget you have any movement abilities when you are linked with someone else with chains.
For more information, please refer to our Sludgefist guide.
Stone Legion Generals
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Stone Legion Generals: Invoker's Delight.
Phase 1: General Kaal
- Be careful where you are standing and moving to avoid getting hit by Wicked Blade.
- Drop Serrated Tear by standing in Crystalline Burst radius.
Phase 2: General Grashaal
- Move away if targeted by Reverberating Eruption.
- Soak Unstable Ground (from Unstable Footing) if assigned.
- Avoid patches on the ground during Seismic Upheaval.
Phase 3: Both at the same time
Just do the same as above.
For more information, please refer to our Stone Legion Generals guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Sire Denathrius: Invoker's Delight.
- Pop a cooldown if targeted by a line, help soak of assigned to.
- Avoid frontal cone.
- Just run forward.
- Remornia and Denathrius share health.
- Get stacks for Spinning Crane Kick for targets in range.
- Avoid blade lines.
- Do not worry much about DPS, focus on surviving.
- Do not be tricked by the floor that is not there, do not get knocked off the platform.
- Stay inside the circle.
For more information, please refer to our Sire Denathrius guide.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1