Discipline Priest Healing Azerite Traits/Powers and Armor — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the top recommended Azerite traits to choose when playing a Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, Patch 8.1. If you need more information on how to obtain the Heart of Azeroth so that you can use the traits, you can find that in our Heart of Azeroth guide.
This page has ordered lists for rankings of all of the traits for Discipline Priests. It is important to note that the only traits that stack are any bonus healing, bonus stats, damage increases, or increased absorbs. Traits that do not stack are any buff or damage over time extension, stack counts, duration, number of targets, or proc rate increases. The only damage increases that contribute towards Atonement healing are those that come from your spellbook.
2. Recommended Traits
This section will discuss the recommended Azerite traits for both dungeons and raids. While these are currently recommended, any balance changes to traits will likely change our recommendations.
2.1. Dungeons and Mythic+
For Mythic+ content, it is recommended to focus on damage-specific traits as they will provide you with the most benefit over healing focused traits. Because of the timer mechanic, providing added damage as a healer is much more important than increasing healing throughput that can be sufficient without traits. Damage traits will provide 100% of their damage but will not translate to Atonement healing, so keep this in mind. Below are the top traits we would recommend:
- Thunderous Blast gives your damaging abilities a chance blast the target for extra Nature damage, and cause the target to take 20% more damage from your next blast. When the bonus damage reaches 100%, the next blast will Critically Strike, and reset the bonus damage back to 0%.
- Rezan's Fury causes your damaging abilities to have a chance to summon a Child of Rezan, which deals Physical damage to your target and causes them to bleed for additional damage over 12 seconds.
- Dagger in the Back gives your abilities a chance to shoot a dagger at your target, applying a damage over time effect for 12 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. If you shoot this dagger when behind the target, it will apply 2 stacks.
- Enduring Luminescence buffs Power Word: Radiance to provide additional healing, as well as increasing the duration of your resulting Atonements to 70% of their normal duration (up from 60%). This trait may fare well on certain encounters over others, but it is definitely a recommended choice.
- Blood Rite causes your spells to have a chance to increase your Haste for 15 seconds. Killing enemies refreshes this effect.
- Unstable Catalyst causes your spells and abilities to have a chance to create a zone standing in which increases your primary stat.
- Archive of the Titans increases your Intellect via a stacking buff during combat. Because of the flat primary stat increase, this trait yields quite a bit of a healing increase and is recommended.
- Enduring Luminescence buffs Power Word: Radiance to provide additional healing and increases the duration of your resulting Atonements to 70% of their normal duration (up from 60%). This trait may fare well on certain encounters over others, but it is definitely a recommended choice.
3. Recommended Uldir Azerite Gear
- Head: Horrific Amalgam's Hood from Fetid Devourer
- Shoulders: Mantle of Contained Corruption from Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
- Chest: Robes of the Unraveler Mythrax the Unraveler
4. Azerite Trait Rankings for Raids
The table listed below provides intellect values for each trait at any given item level. What this helps accomplish is providing players with a method to calculate the value of Azerite pieces and compare them to see which item is better. In order to use this table, you would follow the formula below:
[Item Intellect] + [1st trait Intellect value] + [2nd trait int Intellect value] + [3rd trait int Intellect value] (repeat for however many traits the item has)
Here are some additional things to keep in mind regarding these rankings and traits in general:
- All trait stacking information is held within the image.
- All rankings are primarily based on a raid environment, but may transfer through to M+ similarly.
- All traits that deal damage that do not transfer through to Atonement are not included in this chart. Only traits that increase damage from our spell book spells transfer through to Atonement healing.
- Traits are always being worked on and tuned so always hold onto your higher item level Azerite gear. Information from logs may also change how traits are valued.
- It is worth noting that the trait "Twist Magic" depends entirely on your usage of Dispel Magic. There is not much use of this within raids. The chart is assuming one dispel a minute.
- Enduring Luminescence loses all value after the first trait. Do not stack this trait.
Note that when using at least 1 Uldir trait inside the Uldir raid, Reorigination Array grants you a buff that increases your highest secondary stat every 5 seconds, stacking up to 10. This power increases over time, in order to make Uldir raiding easier.
5. Azerite Traits Details and Rotation Changes for Discipline Priest
Some of your Azerite Traits can have big impact on the way you play the game, select your gear and even affect talent choices. It is important to understand how they work with each other and on their own.
5.1. Azerite Traits Rotation Changes
Depth of the Shadows will make Shadow Mend more valuable in applying Atonement on players who have already taken damage, due to the additional 2 seconds of duration and the benefit of keeping out one or more DoTs.
6. Find Azerite Armor By Trait/Power
In the table below, you can see all of the Azerite gear available to your Discipline Priest. By using the + button located next to each item, you can expand the list of Azerite powers that this item possesses (to collapse the list, simply click the - button).
If you want to filter items according to the powers that they offer, you can use the filters below.
- 25 Dec. 2018: Updated Azerite Trait ranking image.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated page for Patch 8.1.
- 29 Oct. 2018: Updated page to reflect latest hotfixes and analysis.
- 11 Sep. 2018: Updated page to reflect calculated rankings for each Azerite trait.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 11 Aug. 2018: Additions made to recommended traits for Dungeons and Mythic+.
- 10 Aug. 2018: Updated entire page to reflect all Azerite trait rankings and updated spec specific priority.
- WoW Esports in 2019
- PvP Season 1: Arena and RBG Title Cutoffs
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Survival Guide
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Enhancement Shaman PvP 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Any Demon Hunter Discords out there?
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Warrior Leveling Guide
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Need help with BoS