Assassination Rogue Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Assassination Rogue affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Assassination Rogue in Patch 9.1 and 9.1.5: Chains of Domination
This page contains information on all the new additions that affect Assassination Rogues for Shadowlands Patch 9.1 and Patch 9.1.5. This is not a comprehensive list of all changes, and instead focuses on changes that directly affect our PvE performance.
Assassination Rogue Changes for 9.1.5
- Fan of Knives and Crimson Tempest are no longer maximum target capped and instead deal reduced damage to 9 or more targets.
- The Night Fae Covenant Legendary Toxic Onslaught was changed to now grant Adrenaline Rush and Shadow Blades for 10 seconds after Sepsis expires.
- The Septic Shock Conduit was buffed by 50%.
Assassination Rogue Changes for 9.1
- Feint duration increased from 5-seconds to 6-seconds.
- Shiv now always removes Enrage effects, even when using Crippling Poison as your non-lethal poison.
Assassination Rogue Talents in 9.1
No talents have been changed in Patch 9.1, and the remaining changes do not affect our current talent choices.
Assassination Rogue Legendaries in 9.1
None of the new covenant-specific legendaries manage to beat Zoldyck Insignia or Doomblade. Obedience, the new Venthyr legendary, might see some play due to it reducing the cooldown on Flagellation to ~60 seconds which might line up well with certain boss-DPS burst requirements.
Assassination Rogue Covenant changes in 9.1
Serrated Bone Spike bleed effect can now critically strike.
Conduit and Soulbind Changes for Patch 9.1
Cloaked in Shadows absorb is now 50% larger, only lasts for 4-seconds but no longer decays while out of Stealth.
All Soulbind Trees for all Covenants will be getting new tiers added with new Soulbind abilities. These can have a significant impact on the best Soulbind, or even the best Covenant overall.
We have listed all of the abilities with a relevant impact below.
- Niya — Bonded Hearts — Causes your constantly-generated Grove Invigoration stacks to grant 50% increased Mastery if you are close to non-Night Fae allies when they are generated.
- Dreamweaver — Dream Delver — This is essentially just a 3% DPS buff to your current target.
- Dreamweaver — Waking Dreams — When you take damage below 80% HP, you gain a shield for 30% of the damage amount, lasting 3 seconds. This is far too powerful currently and will likely be changed before going live.
- Korayn — Wild Hunt Strategem — When you hit a target above 75% health, you gain a 1-minute buff. If you then attack an enemy below 35% health, this buff will be consumed and increase your damage to sub-35% targets by 5% for 10 seconds.
- Forgelite Prime Mikanikos — Soulglow Spectrometer — Causes you to build a damage buff on the target you are hitting which stacks by 1% every 3 seconds, up to 5%. You cannot start another buff on a new target until you have expired one on the previous target.
- Forgelite Prime Mikanikos — Effusive Anima Accelerator — Causes your Kindred Spirits to instantly deal Arcane damage, split between all enemies within 12 yards. For every target hit, the cooldown of Kindred Spirits is reduced by 4 seconds, up to a maximum of 20 seconds at 5 or more targets hit.
- Pelagos — Better Together — Gives you a 52 Mastery buff for 1 minute when you move close to an ally. You can only be affected by one buff at a time. This will pretty much be up all of the time.
- Pelagos — Newfound Resolve — Occasionally spawns a "Doubt" unit near you while in combat. Facing it grants you 12% increased Agility and Stamina for 15 seconds. Depending on proc rate, this could be very strong.
- Kleia — Light the Path — Causes your Valiant Strikes Soulbind Ability buff to also grant 0.25% Critical Strike per stack. It also causes its heal effect to grant you 5% Critical Strike for 12 seconds. Given the 1-minute limit on Valiant Strikes, this is a bit weak.
- Emeni — Pustule Eruption — Causes Fleshcraft to grant you 9 pustule stacks. When you take damage or get healed, they blow up for 48% AP of damage on nearby enemies. This is quite a significant amount of damage making it pretty powerful for us.
- Bonesmith Heirmir — Carver's Eye — Grants you a Mastery buff when you hit a target above 90% health which lasts 5 seconds and stacks to 5, but refreshes its duration when you generate a new stack. There is a 10-second forced gap between initial applications of this buff.
- Bonesmith Heirmir — Mnemonic Equipment — Causes your attacks on targets below 35% health to deal 3% extra damage over 5 seconds.
- Plague Deviser Marileth — Kevin's Oozeling — Causes your Adaptive Swarm to spawn an Oozeling to attack your target. You also deal 2% increased damage to whatever he is targeting. He is up roughly 40-45% of the time.
- Nadjia the Mistblade — Fatal Flaw — Enhances Thrill Seeker by giving you a Critical Strike/Versatility buff when its Haste buff ends.
- Theotar the Mad Duke — Party Favors — Gives you a 3% primary or secondary stat buff for 1 hour each day.
- General Draven — Battlefield Presence — Increases your damage done and reduces damage taken by 1% for every enemy within 5 yards of you, up to 3%.
- 02 Nov. 2021: Added 9.1.5 changes.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Page added.
- New Tamable Gilnean Fox in Patch 10.2.5
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 5th
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Big Class Tuning
- Adjustments Coming to Ashenvale PvP Event in Season of Discovery
- Imminence of Krag'wa's Executor Price in Trading Post Adjusted
- Azure Worldchiller Going Away December 7th
- More 10.2.5 Covenant Ability Visual Upgrades
- Get 1 Piece of Item Level 467-476 Gear This Week On Live Servers