Court of Stars Dungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Court of Stars dungeon in Season 1 of the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot.
Court of Stars is a level 70 dungeon located on the south coast of - Suramar, Broken Isles. The nearest flight point for Alliance and Horde players is Meredil, Suramar. Upon landing, head further to the east until you uncover the dungeon's entrance.
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to complete it on Mythic and Mythic Keystone difficulty. We will cover all 3 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the other Dragonflight Dungeons or the upcoming Mythic+ season instead, please see our overviews linked below. Otherwise, without further ado, let us begin!
Unlock Unique Profession/Class Bonuses in Court of Stars
There are several Profession/Class bonuses that you can access throughout the dungeon, and each of them will give you unique powers or utilities. Below you can find more information on where you can find them and what exactly their function is:
- Wounded Nightborne Civilian can be used by all Healers or anyone with Tailoring profession. The special effect will be summoning a "miniboss" which will reduce the number of Felbound Enforcers you have to kill in the area around Talixae Flamewreath.
- Bazaar Goods can be used by Rogue, Warrior and anyone with Leatherworking profession. The special effect will be summoning a "miniboss," which will reduce the number of Felbound Enforcers you have to kill in the area around Talixae Flamewreath.
- Arcane Power Conduit can be accessed by Gnomes, Goblins races and players with Engineering profession. The special effect will debuff all Guardian Constructs, stunning them for 5 sec every 20 seconds.
- Flask of the Solemn Night can be used by Rogue and players with Alchemy profession. The special effect will skip the last "phase" of Patrol Captain Gerdo boss encounter (the Enraged Phase), and instead of empowering him, it will cause him to die from the poison instantly.
- Waterlogged Scroll can be used by Shaman and players with Skinning or Inscription profession. The special effect will grant your entire party 35% movement speed.
- Umbral Bloom can be used by Druid and players with Herbalism proffesion. The special effect will grant your entire party with 10% Haste.
- Starlight Rose Brew can be used by Death Knight and Monk. The special effect will grant your whole party improved health and mana regeneration.
- Lifesized Nightborne Statue can be used by players with Mining and Jewelcrafting profession. The special effect will be summoning a "miniboss," which will reduce the number of Felbound Enforcers you have to kill in the area around Talixae Flamewreath.
- Nightshade Refreshments can be used by Pandaren race and players with Cooking or Herbalism profession. The special effect will grant your party 10% increased health.
- Discarded Junk can be used by Hunter and players with Blacksmithing profession. The special effect will summon a "miniboss" at the Talixae Flamewreath boss fight, which will spawn an armed trap. Walking over it will deal 10% of their health and increase their damage taken by 25% for 30 seconds.
- Magical Lantern can be used by Mage class, Blood Elf / Night Elf races, and players with Enchanting profession. The special bonus will grant your entire party a 10% increased damage bonus.
- Fel Orb can be used by Demon Hunter, Paladin, Priest, and Warlock classes. The special effect will grant your entire party a 10% increased Critical Strike chance bonus.
- Infernal Tome can be used by Demon Hunter, Paladin, and Priest classes. The special effect will grant your entire party a 10% damage reduction bonus.
The Gilded Market and Patrol Captain Gerdo
Patrol Captain Gerdo Trash
Before you engage any trash mobs in this area, you must watch out for any Signaling Beacons around the area. The more of them you disable, the easier the Patrol Captain Gerdo boss fight will be. There are 5 beacons in total within the Gilded Market area. Here is what you should know about the trash mobs located there:
- Watch out for the Duskwatch Guard's Quelling Strike frontal ability (it always goes on your tank. In addition, use Purge or Dispel effects once you see them cast Fortification, it will reduce their damage taken by 25% and increase their Haste by 25%!
- Step away from the Mana Wyrm once they reach critical health levels. Upon death, they will cast Wild Detonation, which you must avoid at all costs.
- Guardian Constructs is the toughest mob in this area; make sure you always interrupt its Suppress silence channel cast. In addition, they will cast Charging Station; if not interrupted, it will heal and increase the damage of the nearby mobs. This is going to be your priority-target to kill!
- Stop the Duskwatch Sentry once they run toward the nearby Signaling Beacon. If they finish the Sound Alarm, they will spawn a few trash mobs that give no count, so make sure you stop them at all costs! (Using stun is a great way to stop it).
- Sidestep the Charged Blast from Bound Energy.
- Mana Saber will always cast Mana Fang on the furthest enemy; use a personal defensive if you are at low health.
Patrol Captain Gerdo Guide
Rogue and players with Alchemy profession, can interact with Flask of the Solemn Night and poison it before the fight begins. This will allow you, once the boss goes for its Flask of the Solemn Night to instantly die rather than empowering itself (she casts that ability at 25% health).
- Avoid the Resonant Slash frontal-cone ability.
- Once you see the Arcane Lockdown cast, jump 3 to remove the 3 applications of the debuff (you can also dispel it).
- If you have de-activated all the Signaling Beacons upon the cast, the boss will not be able to summon any Vigilant Duskwatcher.
- If any Vigilant Duskwatchers spawn, take the aggro and stack them close to the Patrol Captain Gerdo to allow your DPS to cleave all targets simultaneously.
- Dispel the Arcane Lockdown
- If any Vigilant Duskwatcher, watch out for their Hinder cast. Yes, you can dispel the stun effect!
- If you do not have Rogue or anyone with Alchemy profession, use your healing cooldowns once the Patrol Captain Gerdo casts Flask of the Solemn Night.
Midnight Court and Talixae Flamewreath
Talixae Flamewreath Trash
You can continue to acquire the unique buffs in the Midnight Court area while navigating your way through the several new trash mobs and 3 minibosses that you must defeat before engaging the second boss of the dungeon — Talixae Flamewreath. Here is more information on behalf of that:
- Watch out for Blazing Imps' Drifting Embers. Do not underestimate them just because they have lower health; use mass stun effects to stop the channel cast when available.
- Use defensive when Watchful Inquisitors are casting Eye Storm. This is a high-damage alert and your healer must be ready with their cooldowns if needed!
- Interrupt the Bewitch cast from Shadow Mistress. In addition, your tank must pay attention to Shadow Slash, especially if they pull that trash mob with any other non-boss-enemies.
- Beware of the Legion Hound and their Felblaze Leap. It will always go on a random target, which can catch you by surprise!
- At last, the mandatory Felbound Enforcers you must kill in this area. They have only one cast — Fel Detonation, which you can line off sight before it ends to avoid the massive damage you will take from it!
You must defeat the 3 minibosses that surround Talixae Flamewreath since each of the demonic emissaries will grant Bond of Cunning aura, which will make the boss fight significantly harder. Here is what each of them does.
Baalgar the Watchful
Baalgar the Watchful will have 2 important abilities Disintegration Beam and Impending Doom. Your kicks should go on Disintegration Beam and your healer must be aware of how Impending Doom works — it will always go on a 2 random players from your party. Upon dispelling, it will trigger an AoE explosion to all enemies.
Imacu'tya will be annoying for melee players since you must run out of melee when she casts Whirling Blades. In addition, make sure you interrupt her Scream of Pain cast, or else it will damage everyone in your party.
Jazsharlu has lethal frontal cast — Shockwave, which will stun you and Crushing Leap, randomly targeting anyone from your party and dealing damage to them.
Talixae Flamewreath Guide
- Interrupt all Withering Soul casts.
- Stack together for the Infernal Eruption, but make sure you do not get hit by the initial damage.
- Focus on the Infernal Imps as soon as they spawn from Infernal Eruption.
- Stack all the Infernal Imps on top of the Talixae Flamewreath.
- Be ready to top up your party when Talixae Flamewreath is casting Burning Intensity.
- If Withering Soul cast goes through, you can dispel the effect.
The Jeweled Estate and Advisor Melandrus
Advisor Melandrus Trash
Once you have defeated Talixae Flamewreath, talk to the Lyleth Lunastre NPC just before you enter the The Jeweled Estate. He will disguise you and give you a mission to find the spy in the room. Each Chatty Rumormonger will have a chance to give you a clue, up to a maximum of 5 clues. Once you collect the clues, it becomes much easier to find the spy; upon finding it, the NPC will flee into one of the corridors and Gerenth the Vile will appear. After defeating the Gerenth the Vile, the door at the final boss will open, and you will be able to engage in the encounter. One side note, once you have collected all 5 clues, you can use Demon Hunter's Spectral Sight to find out the spy! Here is what you should know about Gerenth the Vile:
- Shadow Bolt Volley is unavoidable AoE damage that will be cast upon your party every couple of seconds.
- Your tank must beware with Vampiric Claws as it deals serious initial damage and heals the Gerenth the Vile.
- Your whole party must pay attention to the Hypnosis Bat and use a stun effect to stop his cast; otherwise, the person that gets targeted by it will be charmed and turn hostile.
Advisor Melandrus Guide
- Blade Surge will be cast on the furthest player from your party, dealing serious initial damage and leaving a hard ticking Bleed effect, so you want to "bait" it at a good spot. Reminder, after the charge, the boss will leave an image of Advisor Melandrus.
- Avoid the rotating Piercing Gales on the ground. They will appear at the location where Advisor Melandrus begins his Blade Surge cast.
- Avoid the Piercing Gale ground animation. Remember that any images of Advisor Melandrus will copy this ability when cast.
- Continuously relocate the boss so you avoid any nearby images of Advisor Melandrus and their Piercing Gales.
- Use your healing cooldowns when the boss is casting Slicing Maelstrom. A reminder that images of Advisor Melandrus will also copy this ability when cast.
Court of Stars Loot Table
Patrol Captain Gerdo
|Mail Shoulder||Epaulets of Deceitful Intent||Crit/Mastery|
|Cape||Cape of the Duskwatch||Crit/Haste|
|Cloth Chest||Arcanist's Resonant Robes||Haste/Mastery|
|Leather Hands||Guileful Intruder Handguards||Crit/Haste|
|Plate Boots||Duskwatch Guard's Boots||Crit/Haste|
|Trinket||Flask of the Solemn Night||Int|
|Crossbow||Felsworn Covenant Crossbow||Mastery/Vers|
|Mail Head||Collar of Fiery Allegiance||Haste/Crit|
|Neck||Chain of Scorched Bones||Haste/Vers|
|Plate Chest||Inferno Breastplate||Haste/Crit|
|Cloth Waist||Cord of Wicked Pyromania||Crit/Haste|
|Leather Legs||Fevermelt Legguards||Haste/Crit|
|Staff||Crux of Blind Faith||Haste/Mastery|
|1H Sword||Edge of the First Blade||Mastery/Crit|
|Plate Head||Helmet of Reverent Loyalty||Haste/Mastery|
|Leather Head||Veil of Unseen Strikes||Mastery/Vers|
|Neck||Strand of the Stars||Vers/Mastery|
|Cloth Shoulder||Amice of the Unfurling Tempest||Crit/Haste|
|Mail Chest||Luminous Bladesworn Hauberk||Vers/Mastery|
|Mail Waist||Arcane-Bound Gale Chain||Haste/Crit|
|Plate Waist||Roaring Breeze Waistguard||Mastery/Crit|
|Cloth Legs||Suramar Magistrate Leggings||Haste/Vers|
|Leather Feet||Footpads of the Swift Balestra||Crit/Mastery|
|Finger||Jeweled Signet of Melandrus||Haste/Crit|
Court of Stars Achievements
There are 5 total achievements to obtain in Court of Stars:
|Mythic: Court of Stars||Defeat Advisor Melandrus in Court of Stars on Mythic difficulty.|
|Mythic: Court of Stars Guild Run||Defeat Advisor Melandrus in Court of Stars on Mythic difficulty while in a guild group.|
|Keystone Hero: Court of Stars||Complete Court of Stars at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit.|
|Dropping Some Eaves||Witness the conversation between Advisor Melandrus and Grand Magistrix Elisande in Court of Stars on Mythic difficulty.|
|Waiting for Gerdo||Disable each of the watchposts after Patrol Captain Gerdo signals them and then defeat him in Court of Stars on Mythic difficulty.|
- 19 Dec. 2022: Guide added.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players