Hunter Class Changes for Dragonflight 10.0.2 Launch (10.0.2)
On this page, we maintain an overview of all Hunter changes that went live from Dragonflight Pre-Patch up to now.
Hunter Class Guides for Dragonflight
If you are looking for Hunter class guides, please, visit one of the guides linked below.
General Hunter Changes in Dragonflight
- Hunters can now tame a new pet type: Lesser Dragonkin.
- Lesser Dragonkin are a Ferocity pet.
- Lesser Dragonkin have a new pet family ability, Shimmering Scales — Reduces your pet's magic damage taken by 70% for 8 seconds, on a 90-second cooldown.
- Cloud Serpents have had their pet family changed from Serpents to Lesser Dragonkin, but the ability to tame Cloud Serpents, has not been changed.
- Lesser Dragonkin taming will be rewarded from the Valdrakken faction in Dragonflight.
- Lesser Dragonkin include creatures like Hornswogs from Dragonflight, or Feathered Drakes from Ardenweald, or Faerie Dragons in Feralas.
- Wing Clip Focus cost reduced by 10.
Hunter Class Tree Changes in Dragonflight
- Nesingwary's Trapping Apparatus removed.
- Wailing Arrow — Silence lowered to 3 seconds (was 5). Wailing Arrow now clarifies it only silences non-player targets.
- Binding Shot is now a 3-second stun (was an 8-second root).
- New Talent: Entrapment — When your Tar Trap is activated, all enemies in the area are rooted for 4 seconds.
- Improved Mend Pet renamed to Wilderness Medicine.
- Hunter's Agility renamed to Hunter's Avoidance.
- Agile Movement renamed to Pathfinding.
- Latent Poison Injectors renamed to Poison Injection.
- In for the Kill renamed to Hunter's Prey.
- Qa'pla, Eredun War Order renamed to War Orders.
- Flamewalker's Cobra Sting renamed to Cobra Sting.
- Rylakstalker's Piercing Fangs renamed to Piercing Fangs.
- Killing Blow renamed to Killer Accuracy.
- Dead Eye renamed to Deadeye.
- True Aim renamed to Target Practice.
- Predator renamed to Flanker's Advantage.
- Concussive Shot will now replace Wing Clip and no longer requires a Ranged Weapon.
Beast Mastery Hunter Changes in Dragonflight
- Nov. 1 Hotfixes: War Orders now grants Barbed Shot a 25/50% chance to reset the cooldown of Kill Command (was 50/100%).
- Nov. 1 Hotfixes: Healing done to your pets from Mend Pet or Exhilaration no longer grants any healing to Hunters from Leech.
- Dire Beast — Damage increased by 400%.
- Barbed Shot — Damage reduced by 23%.
Beast Mastery Hunter Talent Tree in Dragonflight
Marksmanship Hunter Changes in Dragonflight
- Nov 22 Class Tuning: All damage dealt increased by 10%.
- Nov 1 Hotfixes: Aimed Shot damage reduced by 15%.
Marksmanship Hunter Talent Tree in Dragonflight
Survival Hunter Changes in Dragonflight
- Nov 22 Class Tuning: All damage dealt increased by 5%.
- Nov 15 Class Tuning: Deadly Duo has been redesigned — While Spearhead is active, Mongoose Bite increases the damage of your next Kill Command by 40% and the reset chance of your next Kill Command by 25%, stacking up to 3 times. Kill Command cooldown resets extend the duration of Spearhead by 1.5 seconds.
Survival Hunter Talent Tree in Dragonflight
Hunter PvP Changes in Dragonflight
- Nov 15 Class Tuning: Kill Command no longer deals 15% reduced damage in PvP combat.
- Nov 15 Class Tuning: Aimed Shot (Marksmanship) no longer deals 15% increased damage in PvP combat.
- Nov 15 Class Tuning: Rapid Fire (Marksmanship) no longer deals 10% increased damage in PvP combat.
- Interlope — Now available for all Hunter specializations (was Beast Mastery only).
- Diamond Ice — Now available for all Hunter specializations (was Survival only).
- Kindred Beasts (Beast Mastery) — Redesigned to work with Tenacity Pet's new ability cooldown reduced by 50% and allies within 20 yards of your pet gain 10% increased maximum health for 10 seconds.
More Patch Dragonflight Class Changes
You will find other Dragonflight class changes linked below.
- 26 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- Comprehensive Dragonflight Level 60 to 70 Guide
- Druid "Raid Boss" Invades Durotar
- Everything Going Away in 24 Hours
- Important Dragonflight Leveling Tips and Reminders
- Player Goes to Extreme Lengths to Thank Another for Mount Group
- Final WoW Covenant Popularity Chart
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Final Mythic+ Tier List of Shadowlands