Protection Warrior Tank Uldir Boss by Boss — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Protection Warrior for each boss of Uldir. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Uldir Boss Tips for Protection Warriors
On this page you will find Protection Warrior specific information pertaining to each boss in the Uldir raid.
Additionally, this page assumes you are familiar with the mechanics on each fight. The basics of the tank mechanics are not explained, but rather advice is given on how Protection Warriors can best deal with those mechanics.
1.1. Talent Cheatsheet
The following talent build is used on every boss.
- Level 15: Into the Fray
- Level 30: Bounding Stride
- Level 45: Unstoppable Force
- Level 60: Bolster
- Level 75: Rumbling Earth
- Level 90: Booming Voice
- Level 100: Anger Management
In Phase One and Phase Three, when the boss casts Cudgel of Gore on you, move into the Blood Storm pools to clear them, and just as the boss charges at you use Heroic Leap to jump away to avoid the damage.
Sanitizing Strike can be sidestepped. You do not need to get hit by it whatsoever.
4. Fetid Devourer
Protection Warriors do extremely well as the "main" tank on this boss. All the damage that you will take on this fight is Physical via the boss' auto attacks, something Protection Warriors are good at dealing with. If you are assigned to be the off tank/ Terrible Thrash tank, make sure you are using your Shield Block charges intelligently since Terrible Thrash is blockable.
5. Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
Stun the various adds that spawn during this boss with Shockwave.
When Omega Vector is about to expire on you, use Spell Reflection to completely prevent the stack of Lingering Infection that you would normally get. Generally, tanks avoid getting the Omega Vector, but as a Protection Warrior purposefully taking every other Omega Vector can be extremely beneficial to your raid (assuming you can survive the extra damage) as you greatly decrease the total number of stacks your raid gets.
7. Zul, Reborn
During Phase Two, the Rupturing Blood DoT deals a substantial amount of damage. You can have a Paladin cast Blessing of Protection on you to immediately remove your stacks. Note that this also immediately drops the puddle as well. Make sure you are in a good spot for dropping the puddle.
8. Mythrax the Unraveler
You can completely prevent the application of Explosive Corruption by using Spell Reflection before it is cast. Plan your taunt swaps around this. The cooldown on Spell Reflection allows you to reflect every other cast.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 29 Sep. 2018: Added note about Spell Reflection on Vectis.
- 10 Sep. 2018: Added tips for each boss.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (empty for now).
- WoW Esports in 2019
- PvP Season 1: Arena and RBG Title Cutoffs
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Survival Guide
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1