Elemental Shaman Essences — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1
On this page, we go over the Essence system in Patch 8.3 of World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth, and we tell you which are the best essences to use as Elemental Shaman, both for minor and major powers. Please refer to our Patch 8.3 Essence Guide for more information about the new essences introduced in Patch 8.3 and to our Essence guide for more general information about the Essence system and where Essences can be obtained from.
Azerite Essences for Elemental Shamans
Introduced in Patch 8.2, Essences are unique items that drop from various forms of content. They are activated through your Heart of Azeroth, and they buff your character in various ways, depending on the Essences that are currently active.
For more information about essences, please check out the following:
- our Essence Guide, with all the essences and how to get them;
- our article on the new essences from Patch 8.3;
- our list of Patch 8.3 essence changes.
What follows on this page will relate directly to how Essences affect this spec, since generic information is beyond the scope of this guide.
Elemental Shaman Essences
We currently recommend using Worldvein Resonance as your major essence (Major: Worldvein Resonance / Minor: Lifeblood), with the new Breath of the Dying ( Lethal Strikes, The Crucible of Flame ( Ancient Flame), and Conflict and Strife ( Strife) as minors (in order of importance).
Blood of the Enemy (Major: Blood of the Enemy / Minor: Blood-Soaked) and Purification Protocol (Major: Purifying Blast / Minor: Purification Protocol) are both okay alternative as major or minor essences for AoE.
There is a niche build using Vision of Perfection with Storm Elemental and Primal Elementalist for certain situations. This requires you to move very little to be effective however, and we discourage its use unless you know what you are doing.
Worldvein Resonance ( Lifeblood) is technically the best, but can suffer quite a lot from movement.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Quickly Reach Exalted with Gelkis and Magram Centaur Clans Under 1 Hour
- More Scourge Zombies Showing Up, But It's Still Not the Pre-patch Event
- Pure Class: Level 50 Without Choosing a Spec Gets Pretty Hard
- Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes: October 22nd
- The Madness Begins Anew: Exile's Reach Speedruns
- Addon Spotlight: Better Wardrobe and Transmog
- Most Popular Classes and Specs for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch
- Ghostcrawler Talks WoW After 6 Years: Leveling, His Ret Pala, AoE and More