Windwalker Monk PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Windwalker Monks in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Monks.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Windwalker Monk.
- Kyrian is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives you strong abilities that increase your Mastery and give you additional self-healing.
- Venthyr is another strong Covenant that can be chosen. This gives you more crowd control and a reduction of roots/snows on you. However, the class ability is a very long cooldown and the Soulbinds do not offer any increases to your survivability.
Best Soulbinds for Windwalker Monks in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian:
Best Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
Conduits are what allow you to open certain paths in your Soulbind Tree. These are passives that buff some of your abilities. There are three "schools" of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
- Strike with Clarity makes your already strong Covenant Ability even stronger. This will increase your damage output when Weapons of Order is active even higher.
- Coordinated Offensive is another great Potency Conduit, as this increases the damage of your burst cooldown. This is important to have to increase your overall damage output.
Best Endurance Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
- Fortifying Ingredients gives you a shield when you use Fortifying Brew. This is crucial for increasing your survivability.
- Harm Denial increases your overall healing output with Expel Harm.
- Grounding Breath is another good choice for when teams focus you.
Best Finesse Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
- Lingering Numbness is great for slowing enemies that you used Paralysis on.
- Dizzying Tumble is also useful for when you have to use Leg Sweep to stun enemies who are targeting you.
Best Legendaries for Windwalker Monks in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the Legendaries that are best to use for a Windwalker Monk.
- Keefer's Skyreach is the best legendary for Windwalker Monks. This increases your already strong burst damage and works well with Alpha Tiger. Before using your burst rotation on an enemy, hit them with a Tiger Palm so you get the bonus Critical Strike.
- Jade Ignition is another good legendary to have. This not only increases your overall damage output, but gives you a reliable way to do large amounts of burst damage when you reach maximum stacks.
- Escape from Reality allows you to use Transcendence: Transfer again after you have used it. This is great versus teams that you think will be focusing you.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is also a legendary that will find play. This reduces the duration of incoming crowd control and increases your secondary stats. The reason why this is not the best is because this effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- 17 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)