Windwalker Monk PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Windwalker Monks in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Monks.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Windwalker Monk.
- Kyrian is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives you abilities that increase your Mastery and give you additional self-healing. With both strong survivability and damage output, this is the strongest Covenant you can choose.
- Necrolord is another strong Covenant. This gives you Bonedust Brew that helps increase your burst damage every minute.
Best Soulbinds for Windwalker Monks in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian and want to do more damage:
If you feel like you are going to be the main target for the other team, it is a good idea to play a more defensive Soulbind:
This is an extremely defensive Soulbind, but you are still able to use your best Potency Conduits. This path gives you strong passives, such as Forgelite Filter, Sparkling Driftglobe Core, and Reactive Retrofitting.
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Necrolord:
Best Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
Conduits are what allow you to open certain paths in your Soulbind Tree. These are passives that buff some of your abilities. There are three "schools" of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
- Strike with Clarity makes your already strong Kyrian Covenant Ability even stronger. This will increase your damage output when Weapons of Order is active by even more.
- Bone Marrow Hops is the best Conduit to use if you are Necrolord. This makes your 1-minute cooldown Bonedust Brew even stronger.
- Coordinated Offensive is another great Potency Conduit, as this increases the damage of your burst cooldown. This is important to have to increase your overall damage output.
- Calculated Strikes is a good Potency Conduit that increases the damage bonus from Spinning Crane Kick. This is an overall large increase to your damage output.
Best Endurance Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
- Fortifying Ingredients gives you a shield when you use Fortifying Brew. This is crucial for increasing your survivability.
- Harm Denial increases your overall healing output with Expel Harm.
- Grounding Breath is another good choice for when teams focus you.
Best Finesse Conduits for Windwalker Monks in PvP
- Lingering Numbness is great for slowing enemies that you used Paralysis on.
- Dizzying Tumble is also useful for when you have to use Leg Sweep to stun enemies who are targeting you.
Best Legendaries for Windwalker Monks in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the Legendaries that are best to use for a Windwalker Monk.
- Keefer's Skyreach is the best Legendary for Windwalker Monks. This increases your already strong burst damage and works well with Alpha Tiger. Before using your burst rotation on an enemy, hit them with a Tiger Palm so you get the bonus Critical Strike.
- Invoker's Delight is another good Legendary for Windwalker Monks. This Legendary gives you a massive Haste boost after using your celestial. This, in combination with the Kyrian spell Weapons of Order, gives you a massive burst window that most teams will not be able to survive.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is also a Legendary that will find play. This reduces the duration of incoming crowd control and increases your secondary stats. The reason why this is not the best is because this effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
In addition to these Legendaries, Unity allows players to also equip their Covenant Legendary. As a Windwalker Monk you should be playing Kyrian, which means you will be gaining the Call to Arms! power. If you are playing Necrolord you will instead be gaining Bountiful Brew.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best Covenant
- Updated Best Soulbinds.
- Updated Best Legendaries.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated Best Covenant and Soulbinds.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best Soulbinds.
- Updated Best Legendaries.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Best Potency Conduits.
- Updated Best Legendaries.
- 17 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st