Restoration Shaman Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Restoration Shaman in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Restoration Shaman Corruption Gear
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption.
While the effects from these affixes are all beneficial, once you reach certain Corruption thresholds you will experience negative effects that become extremely dangerous at high Corruption levels, preventing you from using all of your Corrupted gear at once. Some of the effects are a lot more powerful than others relative to their Corruption cost, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
Best Corruptions for Healing as a Restoration Shaman
- Flash of Insight is the most efficient Corruption you can get.
- Expedient, Masterful, Severe and Versatile are all great, and can be amazing if you happen to have a lot of the increased stat.
- Honed Mind, Racing Pulse, Surging Vitality and Deadly Momentum are all very solid stat procs.
- Siphoner provides a strong, constant Leech buff.
- Void Ritual offers a solid amount of secondary stats, and will be a good option as long as you have at least two allies also using it in your group, for the increased proc rate.
- Ineffable Truth allows you to use your cooldowns more often which is good in a vacuum, but also means you will sometimes have your cooldowns ready before they are needed.
- Strikethrough is a decent healing boost.
- Glimpse of Clarity can be good when used on powerful cooldowns like Healing Rain, but is weak when used on Riptide, requiring good management to optimize.
- Avoidant should generally be avoided, as its benefit is very situational.
Best Corruptions for DPSing as a Restoration Shaman
- Gushing Wound is the most efficient single-target Corruption for single target damage.
- Infinite Stars is also a very powerful single-target Corruption, but due to its unique mechanics, it falls off quickly if there are multiple enemies present in the fight.
- Twisted Appendage is extremely prone to RNG, but provides strong damage on average, as long as the tentacle can deal damage through its full duration.
- Flash of Insight, Expedient, Strikethrough, Racing Pulse and Surging Vitality are all strong stat procs that influence your damage.
- Twilight Devastation is relatively weak for single target but scales well in AoE situations while Echoing Void is just overall weak.
- Versatile, Severe, Void Ritual, Glimpse of Clarity, Ineffable Truth and Deadly Momentum are all weak DPS boosts.
- Siphoner and Avoidant provide no DPS, but can help you stay alive.
Corruption Weapon for Restoration Shaman
Mar'kowa, the Mindpiercer is the best Ny'alotha Corruption Weapon for Restoration Shamans. It comes with the Flash of Insight Corruption guaranteed, which also happens to be the best healing effect and one of the best DPS effects. Make sure to coin for it!
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Ghost Wolf will negate the effects of Grasping Tendrils, but also prevent you from casting while you are using it, so keep it for emergencies or when you are slowed inside an Eye of Corruption.
- The Thing From Beyond that spawns from Grand Delusions is best handled by Earthgrab Totem or a well timed Capacitor Totem. You can also kite away from it but this will generally waste you a lot of time.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, gains an on-use effect at Rank 6 that clears all Corruption effects from you. This should be used if you spawn an Eye of Corruption or Thing From Beyond at a time where you cannot move out or avoid it. Otherwise, use it whenever you are in a very sticky situation, such as being slowed inside a voidzone.
How Much Corruption Should I Run As A Restoration Shaman
Generally speaking, anything below 40 is considered safe and can be used in all situations. If the content you are doing is easy, and you are confident that you can successfully Root, Kite or Stun almost all the Things from Beyond, then you can run up to 60. We do not recommend running above 40 in any sort of competitive environment.
- 26 Feb. 2020: Page added.
- This Week's Great for Unlocking Allied Races
- 33 Druids vs Onyxia
- Skip Warlords of Draenor Intro at Level 90
- MDI 2020 Moving to Remote Broadcasts
- Make WoW Look Like a Painting Without Any Mods
- How Gold Farming in WoW Lead to the Steam Workshop
- World of Warcraft Fan Art of r/wow Part Two
- Notable Battle for Azeroth Quest Givers Depicted as Animals
- Tortollan Seekers Reputation
- Death Knight Leveling
- Vengeance Demon Hunter 8.3
- Patch 8.3 Jewelcrafting Changes
- Class Changes Hub
- Affliction Warlock 8.3
- Survival Hunter 8.3