Arms Warrior Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for an Arms Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy for Arms Warriors
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Arms Warriors we recommend stacking Expedient traits on as many pieces as possible; due to the synergy between Haste and Anger Management, leading to a higher Colossus Smash and Test of Might uptime. It is possible, although unlikely, that you can gain so much Haste as to approach the soft cap of 100%, in which case filling extra corruption budget with Void Ritual, Gushing Wound, or Honed Mind are acceptable, though this will not be relevant in the most cases.
Alternatively, Twilight Devastation is a strong pick for multitarget damage and Mythic+ dungeons, though increasing Haste and Mastery also improve multitarget damage as well, making it a more niche choice.
Best Corruptions for Arms Warrior
We have provided simulations below for all the different Corruptions, but we still feel the need to explain why some Corruptions are good and so on, as simulations rarely tell the full story.
- Expedient increases the Haste gained from all sources and synergizes extremely well with both Anger Management for higher Colossus Smash uptime, as well as Test of Might for the resulting Strength buff. It works well in both single and multi-target situations, while stacking very well.
- Gushing Wound is a very efficient single-target Corruption, which can fill out extra Corruption budget very well due to its low cost, but the rarity makes it hard to come by. Unlike most other corruptions, it scales with item level, making it even harder to come by on competitive items.
- Infinite Stars is a strong single target option, nearly on par with Gushing Wound, but subject to greater failure, as the effect can hit any target within range, even if they are not being actively attacked. This makes the debuff hard to stack in any situation with more than one target, resulting in lower effective damage.
- Ineffable Truth primarily serves to reduce the cooldown of Colossus Smash and Bladestorm, serving much in the same role as the Expedient Corruption with Anger Management, though without the extra global cooldown reduction or auto-attack speed increase.
Corruption Weapon for Arms Warrior
Devastation's Hour is one of two Ny'alotha Corruption Weapons for Arms Warriors. It always comes with the Twilight Devastation Corruption, which is very good for multi-target damage, particularly in Mythic+ dungeons. While it does not provide much in terms of single target damage and Arms will still want to primarily stack Expedient, the high item level on the weapon itself makes it a very good weapon, even if the Corruption is cleansed.
Sk'shuul Vaz is primarily designed for Blood Death Knight tanks, but the effect works well for DPS as well. It always comes with the Obsidian Destruction Corruption, which is semi-unique in that deals damage based on armor, but due to wearing plate, that damage is still moderately competitive. While not the strongest corruption by any degree, the ease of acquisition makes it a very reliable option, particularly for multi-target damage.
Corruption Simulations for Arms Warrior
Single-Target DPS per Corruption Point
The top chart is more generally useful. Corruption is a resource that we want to minimize wherever we can, and the top chart provides you an idea of which Corruption affixes provide the most DPS for the Corruption they add to your gear. The bottom chart is more of a showcase of the DPS potential of the Corruptions.
Single-Target Corruption DPS Overall
We do not recommend making choices based off of this chart. We recommend using the "DPS per Corruption Point" chart instead.
AoE DPS per Corruption Point
AoE Corruption DPS Overall
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Heroic Leap and Charge are the most useful tool for countering Grasping Tendrils and Eye of Corruption at 1 and 20 Corruption respectively.
- Storm Bolt and Intimidating Shout can crowd control the Thing From Beyond, spawned from Grand Delusions at 40 Corruption. However, this may not always be feasible, as the Shout cooldown is prohibitive and the talent requires forgoing Double Time and the ability to stun targets in dungeons. At higher levels of Corruption, the Thing From Beyond is capable of moving very quickly, making it even harder to react to in time.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, gains a special on-use effect at Rank 6 which clears all Corruption effects from you. While it can be used to negate any negative Corruption effect, in dungeons and raids the best time to use it will often to remove Grasping Tendrils, as being slowed at the wrong time is often much more dangerous than taking a hit from the Thing From Beyond or Eye of Corruption.
How Much Corruption Should I Run as a Arms Warrior
It depends on the content, but typically below 40 in the majority of situations. When doing farm or easy content, that threshold can be raised to 60, as the Thing From Beyond is not incredibly dangerous by itself, but you typically should not go over 60 unless the content is extremely trivial and you have dedicated healer support. In all cases, stay below 80 Corruption, as going above that number can quite easily kill you.
- 23 May 2020: Purchasing Corruptions with Echos of Ny'alotha added.
- 23 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Gushing Wound Corruption Nerf Delayed
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through May 29th
- Allied Races Customization Options Concept by Silverleaf2520
- Jailer Hound Mounts in Shadowlands
- Original WoW Designer on World Buffs and Their Creation/Purpose
- The Man of a Hundred Armor Sets: the Handclaw Interview
- Naked Paladin One-Shotting the Horde