Enhancement Shaman Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for an Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy for Enhancement Shamans
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Enhancement Shaman we recommend you stack Expedient traits on as many pieces as possible (but keeping Lash of the Void on both weapons if possible, especially in AoE scenarios). Note the primary value of Expedient comes from enhancing all of the extra Haste sources from effects such as Blood of the Enemy minor, and Overwhelming Power. This means even though Haste might begin to be suppressed in value, it will remain a flexible power pick.
Severe is a reasonable alternative if doing AoE content to sync up with Blood of the Enemy well, but will struggle to keep up with Expedient if you have a solid gearset. Gushing Wound also serves as a strong alternative even after the nerf in single target and cleave, but has limitations in certain higher target content.
You can also consider niche one of corruptions such as Infinite Stars for purely single target situations, or Twilight Devastation for AoE/M+ content, but these will be much more targeted at specific damage profiles.
How Much Corruption Should I Run as an Enhancement Shaman?
Generally speaking, anything below 40 is considered safe and can be used in almost all situations. At low Corruption values, it is quite simple to move out of the Eye of Corruption, but some encounters require you to have very static positioning. You will be taking a lot of extra damage in these situations.
Going above 40 Corruption is almost never recommended. While we have a lot of abilities that can theoretically be used to deal with the Thing from Beyond, many of them are unreliable and require you to sacrifice some utility tools. We also have very little in terms of recovery if it connects, so can be very dangerous.
We do not recommend ever running above 60 Corruption in any kind of serious content as the negative effects are much too impactful.
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
Once your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, reaches Rank 6, it will gain a special on-use effect that clears all Corruption effects from you. Use this as a last resort to get rid of an unwanted Thing from Beyond or when you get multiple Eyes of Corruption within quick succession. The damage you take from these can stack up quickly when the stack gets refreshed.
- Spirit Walk removes the Grasping Tendril slow, and if this is on cooldown or needs to be saved, you can use Ghost Wolf to suppress it making this relatively easy to deal with.
- The Eye of Corruption that spawns from Eye of Corruption can be dealt with by just repositioning. If this is not possible and you must stand in it, use Healthstone, or instant Healing Surge if necessary if you are taking too much damage. If you are extreme danger or stacks refresh and the cloak is unavailable, use Astral Shift.
- Dealing with Thing From Beyond that spawns from Grand Delusions as Enhancement can be somewhat tricky. The only stun available is Capacitor Totem which also has a wind up time, sometimes missing the add entirely so needs to be placed in its path. Earthbind Totem can be used to slow them and keep them at a distance, but this is very disruptive. Note if you must tank a hit, you can trigger the Crash Lightning if you hit both the Thing From Beyond and your current target.
All of the tools we have to deal with Thing From Beyond spawns also come with a cooldown on top of being unreliable, and multiple can spawn at once. Due to this and our occasional issues with survival, it is advised to simply stay below 40 Corruption, and never above 60 to avoid Cascading Disaster.
Picking Enhancement Shaman Corruption Items
The best way to determine which of your Corrupted items to use, is by using Raidbots Top Gear. You should set a maximum Corruption value that you are comfortable with, and simply simulate the highest DPS set.
Below we will have some guidance to help you pick effects, but ultimately it comes down to the amount of Corruption the item has versus the DPS it gives you (DPS per Corruption point), and how much Corruption you are willing to have on your gear.
Gushing Wound only has 1 tier, but even following the 35% nerf has great damage per corruption rating value on single target. Due to its low budget it is also very easy to fit into most gear setups, making it a strong pick as a proc effect. Note the damage is scaled from item level however, so the piece it is on does matter.
Infinite Stars is one of the highest-simming single-target Corruptions. Unfortunately if a second target is ever added to the mix, the value is often lost due to procs being wasted and the stacking effect being delayed. This makes it a niche option for specific fight types.
Twilight Devastation is a solid Mythic+ option and will boost your AoE, although is inconsistent due to its proc rate. It is very frontloaded, so expect damage to swing up and down between packs while using this.
Corruption Weapon for Enhancement Shaman
Unguent Caress is the Ny'alotha Corruption Weapon for Enhancement Shamans. It comes with the Lash of the Void Corruption Affix, which has a 2 (+ Haste) RPPM chance to deal Shadow damage and slow your target. This is an extremely Corruption efficient item costing only 25, and the effect is fully AoE making it great in all situations - especially AoE ones. You should aim to be using two of this in the majority of content.
Corruption Effects Simulations
There are 2 types of simulations that can be done for the Corruption effects, namely: DPS per point of Corruption, and DPS per effect. Generally speaking, DPS per point of Corruption is more important than DPS per total effect, since you only have a limited amount of Corruption you can comfortably use in a raid setting. Below, we have listed both types of simulations:
Single-Target DPS per Point of Corruption
Single-Target DPS per Effect
AoE DPS per Point of Corruption
AoE DPS per Effect
- 23 May 2020: Added MOTHER purchase recommendations.
- 24 Apr. 2020: Page added (moved from Gear section).
- Big PvP Updates Coming to Shadowlands Beta
- Average Player Leveling in the Pre-patch and Shadowlands Will Take 8-10 Hours
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854: Class Changes Recap
- Player Solos All Alliance Faction Leaders
- Shadowlands Mythic Season 1 End-of-Run Rewards Capped Below Castle Nathria Heroic Item Level
- Shaman Class Changes in Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854
- Engineer's Workshop: The WoW Companion App and Multi-Expansion Support
- Fan-Made Shadowlands Login Screen