Mistweaver Monk Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption to buy for Mistweaver Monks
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific Corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the Corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the Corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Mistweaver Monk, you want to stack as many Severe powers as you can, while making sure to pick up a lot of gear with Critical Strike on it.
One of the downsides of this gearing strategy is that it does not synergize very well with Secret Infusion, as we do not often cast Enveloping Mist with Thunder Focus Tea. In light of that, you may find it preferable to stack Versatile, as you can easily proc a large Versatility buff from Rising Sun Kick. However, static Versatility is less common on gear, our neck and cloak being completely devoid of it.
Personally, we would recommend stacking Critical Strike, but there are logs of both gearing strategies performing well
Best Corruptions for Mistweaver Monk
- Severe passively increases the Critical Strike you gain from all sources.
- Deadly Momentum provides a stacking Critical Strike buff that has effectively 100% uptime.
Corruption Weapon for Mistweaver Monk
Mar'kowa, the Mindpiercer is the Ny'alotha Corruption Weapon for Mistweaver Monks. It comes with the Flash of Insight Corruption Affix, which passively increases your Intellect by between 1-8%. If your Corruption budget allows for this, it is a solid pick up, however, you should not drop Ineffable Truth or any Expedient pieces to equip it.
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Tiger's Lust can remove the Grasping Tendrils slow, however, using Chi Torpedo will simply bring you to where you wanted to go anyway.
- The Thing From Beyond that spawns from Grand Delusions is best handled by Ring of Peace. Depending on the location of the spawn and the amount of Corruption you have equipped, you may find it necessary to follow up with Paralysis. Leg Sweep can also be used in a pinch, followed up by a roll or Transcendence.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, will have a special on-use effect that clears all Corruption effects from you. This should be used if you get hit by a Thing From Beyond while above 60 Corruption. Otherwise, use it whenever you are in a very sticky situation, such as being slowed inside a voidzone. You should also use it if you are meant to be stacked with your group, and you get an Eye of Corruption on you.
How Much Corruption Should I Run As A Mistweaver Monk?
Anything under 40 Corruption is widely considered a safe play for all content. While it is possible to go up to 59, we would caution against this. Mistweaver might seem like we have many tools to handle Thing from Beyond spawns, but in practice, they spawn too frequently and are too dangerous to be worth it.
- 24 May 2020: Added corruption vendor and changed corruption recommendations to reflect the Rising Mist nerf.
- 04 Apr. 2020: Added page.
- Gushing Wound Corruption Nerf Delayed
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through May 29th
- Allied Races Customization Options Concept by Silverleaf2520
- Jailer Hound Mounts in Shadowlands
- Original WoW Designer on World Buffs and Their Creation/Purpose
- The Man of a Hundred Armor Sets: the Handclaw Interview
- Naked Paladin One-Shotting the Horde